Joypad for PC San Andreas

Last response: in Video Games
June 12, 2005 5:33:26 AM

I bought the game today and love it...

However I want to use one of my joypads (I have 2 set up on my PC)..

In the options it lets you choose between mouse and keys and
joypad...BUT it won't let me choose which joypad (I have 2 attached to
my PC) which seems rather stupid...right now it is the pad that I
don't want to use that is recognised...

The only way round this is to uninstall the pad I don't want to use
for GTA SA...but I'm not going to do this as I use it for other
things...

What am I doing wrong?

--
The Zero ST

More about : joypad san andreas

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:55:09 PM

> What am I doing wrong?

It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
GTA:SA? Is it not USB?

--
Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:55:09 +0200, "[ ThrashDK ]"
<Thrash@SpamSuxBig-Time.com> wrote:

>> What am I doing wrong?
>
>It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
>GTA:SA? Is it not USB?

I have one usb pad and the unwanted one is a very old one which
connects to the old-stlye pin-port on my sound card...I don't want to
keep having to unplug it as it is not good for the port...or the
pins...

Bascially what I am getting at is why did GTA choose that pad as the
only/default pad when there is a usb one in too?....

--
The Zero ST
Related resources

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:25:14 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:55:09 +0200, "[ ThrashDK ]"
> <Thrash@SpamSuxBig-Time.com> wrote:
>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
>>GTA:SA? Is it not USB?
>
> I have one usb pad and the unwanted one is a very old one which connects
> to the old-stlye pin-port on my sound card...I don't want to keep having
> to unplug it as it is not good for the port...or the pins...
>
> Bascially what I am getting at is why did GTA choose that pad as the
> only/default pad when there is a usb one in too?....

disable it in device manager.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:04:25 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:49:07 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:25:14 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:

>>>It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
>>>GTA:SA? Is it not USB?
>>
>> I have one usb pad and the unwanted one is a very old one which connects
>> to the old-stlye pin-port on my sound card...I don't want to keep having
>> to unplug it as it is not good for the port...or the pins...
>>
>> Bascially what I am getting at is why did GTA choose that pad as the
>> only/default pad when there is a usb one in too?....
>
>disable it in device manager.

I could do that....but still GTA should really have an option to
choose rather than have to mess around with a Windows
configuration....oh well...

Cheers...

--
The Zero ST