Joypad for PC San Andreas

I bought the game today and love it...

However I want to use one of my joypads (I have 2 set up on my PC)..

In the options it lets you choose between mouse and keys and
joypad...BUT it won't let me choose which joypad (I have 2 attached to
my PC) which seems rather stupid...right now it is the pad that I
don't want to use that is recognised...

The only way round this is to uninstall the pad I don't want to use
for GTA SA...but I'm not going to do this as I use it for other
things...

What am I doing wrong?

--
The Zero ST
4 answers Last reply

    > What am I doing wrong?

    It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
    GTA:SA? Is it not USB?

    --
    Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
    For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:55:09 +0200, "[ ThrashDK ]"
    <Thrash@SpamSuxBig-Time.com> wrote:

    >> What am I doing wrong?
    >
    >It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
    >GTA:SA? Is it not USB?

    I have one usb pad and the unwanted one is a very old one which
    connects to the old-stlye pin-port on my sound card...I don't want to
    keep having to unplug it as it is not good for the port...or the
    pins...

    Bascially what I am getting at is why did GTA choose that pad as the
    only/default pad when there is a usb one in too?....

    --
    The Zero ST

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:25:14 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:55:09 +0200, "[ ThrashDK ]"
    > <Thrash@SpamSuxBig-Time.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> What am I doing wrong?
    >>
    >>It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
    >>GTA:SA? Is it not USB?
    >
    > I have one usb pad and the unwanted one is a very old one which connects
    > to the old-stlye pin-port on my sound card...I don't want to keep having
    > to unplug it as it is not good for the port...or the pins...
    >
    > Bascially what I am getting at is why did GTA choose that pad as the
    > only/default pad when there is a usb one in too?....

    disable it in device manager.

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:49:07 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:25:14 +0100, Craig Coope wrote:

    >>>It's not enough to simply disconnect the unwanted joypad, and restart
    >>>GTA:SA? Is it not USB?
    >>
    >> I have one usb pad and the unwanted one is a very old one which connects
    >> to the old-stlye pin-port on my sound card...I don't want to keep having
    >> to unplug it as it is not good for the port...or the pins...
    >>
    >> Bascially what I am getting at is why did GTA choose that pad as the
    >> only/default pad when there is a usb one in too?....
    >
    >disable it in device manager.

    I could do that....but still GTA should really have an option to
    choose rather than have to mess around with a Windows
    configuration....oh well...

    Cheers...

    --
    The Zero ST