Swapping a LG VX6000 for a Moto. E815 (Am I making a mista..

I am swapping out my trusty 2 year old VX6000 for an E815 and of course
after ordering the beast I am hearing tales of woe from people, whom I
consider "weekend warrior" types.
So anyhow, here is why I am moving over to the dark side.

1. Audio quality on the LG IMHO is terrible.
It sounds tinny and buzzy to me although it is loud.
Headphones never seem loud enough for
me, or if they are the audio quality is bad, usually nasal.

2. I hate the cursor arrow key thing and I am always pressing 2 buttons at
once.

3. I get more disconects than I believe I should.
4. Ringers are awful. (Yea I know I can upgrade them, but all I want is
basic ring.
5. I hate that front display thing and find it almost useless.
6. I hate the side buttons.

But, still, even though I am nit picking, the phone has worked very well
for the past two years.

So now some questions about the E815.

Which Bluetooth headset should I get?

I heard the Jabba is better than the Moto?
I am insterested in audio quality and comfort.

Suggestions?

The options (car cord, headset, belt clip seam very high priced to me?
Any better sources than Verizon?

Overall, have I screwed up or done somethin' right for a change?

One last thing, I was told the only phone eligable for 2 year $100.00
upgrade on the Family Plan is the primary fone.
Is this true?

TIA!

Sponge

"Sponge" <le_yam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am swapping out my trusty 2 year old VX6000 for an E815 and of course
> after ordering the beast I am hearing tales of woe from people, whom I
> consider "weekend warrior" types.
> So anyhow, here is why I am moving over to the dark side.
>
> 1. Audio quality on the LG IMHO is terrible.
> It sounds tinny and buzzy to me although it is loud.
> Headphones never seem loud enough for
> me, or if they are the audio quality is bad, usually nasal.
>
> 2. I hate the cursor arrow key thing and I am always pressing 2 buttons at
> once.
>
> 3. I get more disconects than I believe I should.
> 4. Ringers are awful. (Yea I know I can upgrade them, but all I want is
> basic ring.
> 5. I hate that front display thing and find it almost useless.
> 6. I hate the side buttons.
>
> But, still, even though I am nit picking, the phone has worked very well
> for the past two years.

I had an LG VX6000 which I swapped (on July 4th) for an E815. I love the
E815 -- it addresses virtually all of the issues I had with VX6000 (which
was an okay phone).

> So now some questions about the E815.
>
> Which Bluetooth headset should I get?

I have the Moto HS850 -- it works great.

> I heard the Jabba is better than the Moto?
> I am insterested in audio quality and comfort.

The HS850 is extremely light and comfortable. Sound quality is good, but
not as good as the phone itself.

> Suggestions?
>
> The options (car cord, headset, belt clip seam very high priced to me?
> Any better sources than Verizon?

I got my HS850 on ebay. A lot of what's offered there is for the European
or Asian market, rather than the US version -- the headsets appears
identical, but the charger may need an adapter. I got the US version.

> Overall, have I screwed up or done somethin' right for a change?

In my opinion, the E815 is the best phone Verizon has offered since the
Startac. I'm very happy with mine.

> One last thing, I was told the only phone eligable for 2 year $100.00
> upgrade on the Family Plan is the primary fone.
> Is this true?

I don't know about that, but I got mine on a new-every-two plan. I only
paid tax ($27 here in California).

On 7/25/05 3:06 PM, in article PndFe.14340$_x.6540@fe11.lga, "Sponge" wrote:

> I am swapping out my trusty 2 year old VX6000 for an E815 and of course
> after ordering the beast I am hearing tales of woe from people, whom I
> consider "weekend warrior" types.
> So anyhow, here is why I am moving over to the dark side.
>

> I heard the Jabba is better than the Moto?
> I am insterested in audio quality and comfort.

I have both - the Jabra 250 is superior.....both in quality and comfort....

The HS series is also good, just a "hair" below the Jabra IMO.....

> Suggestions?
>
> The options (car cord, headset, belt clip seam very high priced to me?
> Any better sources than Verizon?

Ebay is excellent for accessories....

> Overall, have I screwed up or done somethin' right for a change?

You did something right.....

> One last thing, I was told the only phone eligable for 2 year $100.00
> upgrade on the Family Plan is the primary fone.
> Is this true?

Depends on the "deal" you make with Verizon - be persistent and insist on
"your way", i.e., not losing anything you now have, and you should prevail.
I always have, so far.....:)

PC

rico

Please let us know how you like it. I have two vx6000 and my two year
contract is up. I just got back from the Verizon store as I attempted
to get the E-815 and the free Motorola 265 for the wife. The lady
began to process the order and WAMO! She comes back saying the E815
has been placed on "hold." I asked her what does that mean. She said,
either a problem has been discovered with the phone or the supply
cannot meet the demand.

I guess I'm stuck with the 6000's for a few more weeks until the dust
settles.

Rico

PS: I was set on the 815 because according to her, I could use the
same date cable on the e815 and the 265 to keep the address books
current.

Sponge wrote:
> One last thing, I was told the only phone eligable for 2
> year $100.00 upgrade on the Family Plan is the primary
> fone. Is this true?

Yes. The thing is that the new-any-two applies to qualifing
plans of $39.99(?) or higher. Your secondary lines on a family
share are $10.00 "plans".

-Quick

rico

On the vx6000 I was used to be able to download the pics to my desktop
using bitpim. Is there similar software for the E-815?

Rico

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:06:55 -0400, Sponge <le_yam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am swapping out my trusty 2 year old VX6000 for an E815 and of course
>after ordering the beast I am hearing tales of woe from people, whom I
>consider "weekend warrior" types.
>So anyhow, here is why I am moving over to the dark side.
>
>1. Audio quality on the LG IMHO is terrible.
> It sounds tinny and buzzy to me although it is loud.
> Headphones never seem loud enough for
> me, or if they are the audio quality is bad, usually nasal.
>
>2. I hate the cursor arrow key thing and I am always pressing 2 buttons at
>once.
>
>3. I get more disconects than I believe I should.
>4. Ringers are awful. (Yea I know I can upgrade them, but all I want is
>basic ring.
>5. I hate that front display thing and find it almost useless.
>6. I hate the side buttons.
>
>But, still, even though I am nit picking, the phone has worked very well
>for the past two years.
>
>So now some questions about the E815.
>
>Which Bluetooth headset should I get?
>

>I heard the Jabba is better than the Moto?
>I am insterested in audio quality and comfort.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>The options (car cord, headset, belt clip seam very high priced to me?
>Any better sources than Verizon?
>
>Overall, have I screwed up or done somethin' right for a change?
>
>One last thing, I was told the only phone eligable for 2 year $100.00
>upgrade on the Family Plan is the primary fone.
>Is this true?
>

>TIA!
>
>Sponge

Thanks to everyone for the advice!
I will let you know how the phone compares to the Vx6000 as soon as I get
it!
I ordered via the web and while they were out of stock on the Bluetooth
headset and belt clip, I had no troubles ordering the phone.
We'll see if it actually arrives in the next couple of days.

Rico, it sounds like the store was out of stock and she was trying to sell
you another phone. Some of the salespeople are real sharks!
I was in a Verizon store once waiting for service and browsing around. I
heard this salesman telling a lady that this "Samsung phone" is great and
it's the phone that I personally use.
He got the sale.
Ten minutes later he is using the same line on another customer, only this
time it was an LG phone!!!
I was LMAO!!

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:07:28 -0400, Rico wrote:

> Please let us know how you like it. I have two vx6000 and my two year
> contract is up. I just got back from the Verizon store as I attempted
> to get the E-815 and the free Motorola 265 for the wife. The lady
> began to process the order and WAMO! She comes back saying the E815
> has been placed on "hold." I asked her what does that mean. She said,
> either a problem has been discovered with the phone or the supply
> cannot meet the demand.
>

> I guess I'm stuck with the 6000's for a few more weeks until the dust
> settles.

>So now some questions about the E815.
>
>Which Bluetooth headset should I get?
>

>I heard the Jabba is better than the Moto?
>I am insterested in audio quality and comfort.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>The options (car cord, headset, belt clip seam very high priced to
me?
>Any better sources than Verizon?
>
>Overall, have I screwed up or done somethin' right for a change?
>
>One last thing, I was told the only phone eligable for 2 year $100.00
>upgrade on the Family Plan is the primary fone.
>Is this true?
>

>TIA!
>
>Sponge

alright.

The E815 is your best bet, its really a nice handset. And, if you live
in an evDo area, you can access VCAST. Yes, only the primary phone is
eligable for the $100 upgrade, BUT every other line has an "equipment
upgrade", which means the other lines can recieve the same offers a new
subscriber can get.

--
ithinkthisisze