NVidia FX5200 - Screen Blanks in and Out on Boot

Hi,
A Dell 4600, P4 2.8, 512 MBs...
Latest Windows UPDATE NVidia drivers for 5200.

Upon boot, even SOS boot, the screen blanks in and out twice.
Seems to lag.. upon boot into Desktop, the screen will blank
once, then stabilize.
If I "right click" to change video settings, the screen will
blank out once (only once) before accessing the 'settings' window.

Any ideas what to change to make it stop? Many thanks.
--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net
1 answer Last reply
More about nvidia fx5200 screen blanks boot

    Doc typed this:

    > Hi,
    > A Dell 4600, P4 2.8, 512 MBs...
    > Latest Windows UPDATE NVidia drivers for 5200.
    >
    > Upon boot, even SOS boot, the screen blanks in and out twice.
    > Seems to lag.. upon boot into Desktop, the screen will blank
    > once, then stabilize.
    > If I "right click" to change video settings, the screen will
    > blank out once (only once) before accessing the 'settings' window.
    >
    > Any ideas what to change to make it stop? Many thanks.

    This turned out being a simple 'monitor' problem with the 'test'
    monitor not being the installed monitor. Once back on original
    monitor, all was well.

    --
    Rich "Doc" Colley

    mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net