NVidia FX5200 - Screen Blanks in and Out on Boot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 8, 2004 12:05:27 PM

Hi,
A Dell 4600, P4 2.8, 512 MBs...
Latest Windows UPDATE NVidia drivers for 5200.

Upon boot, even SOS boot, the screen blanks in and out twice.
Seems to lag.. upon boot into Desktop, the screen will blank
once, then stabilize.
If I "right click" to change video settings, the screen will
blank out once (only once) before accessing the 'settings' window.

Any ideas what to change to make it stop? Many thanks.
--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net
May 11, 2004 1:19:42 PM

Doc typed this:

> Hi,
> A Dell 4600, P4 2.8, 512 MBs...
> Latest Windows UPDATE NVidia drivers for 5200.
>
> Upon boot, even SOS boot, the screen blanks in and out twice.
> Seems to lag.. upon boot into Desktop, the screen will blank
> once, then stabilize.
> If I "right click" to change video settings, the screen will
> blank out once (only once) before accessing the 'settings' window.
>
> Any ideas what to change to make it stop? Many thanks.

This turned out being a simple 'monitor' problem with the 'test'
monitor not being the installed monitor. Once back on original
monitor, all was well.

--

!