Samsung Syncmaster 955DF Display Problems

I use the Samsung SyncMaster 955DF and focus has gotten worse over last
month or so - quite blurry – text is especially blurry. Additionally,
brightness out of wack and colours are “washed out”. The focus option on
the user control has not helped - the horizontal focus clears one side but
blurs the other and the vertical focus does not seem to do anything (has
been this way since day one). I have tried to clear the Moire, degauss,
tried both 0.7 and 1.0 Volts on video input levels (all functions did what
they're designed to do) - but problem still exists. I have tried several
times to clean up the display with Adobe Gamma utility - no luck.

Video card is an ASUS AGP-V7100 SDRAM with V31.40G driver using GeoForce
2MX 32 MB chipset. Resolution set at 1024 X 768 16 bit at 75 hz refresh.
I'm at my wits end. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks - Dario Cervoni

"Dario Cervoni" <dcervoni1@home.com> wrote in message
> I use the Samsung SyncMaster 955DF and focus has gotten worse over last
> month or so - quite blurry – text is especially blurry. Additionally,
> brightness out of wack and colours are “washed out”. The focus option on
> the user control has not helped - the horizontal focus clears one side but
> blurs the other and the vertical focus does not seem to do anything (has
> been this way since day one). I have tried to clear the Moire, degauss,
> tried both 0.7 and 1.0 Volts on video input levels (all functions did what
> they're designed to do) - but problem still exists. I have tried several
> times to clean up the display with Adobe Gamma utility - no luck.
>
> Video card is an ASUS AGP-V7100 SDRAM with V31.40G driver using GeoForce
> 2MX 32 MB chipset. Resolution set at 1024 X 768 16 bit at 75 hz refresh.
> I'm at my wits end. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks - Dario Cervoni

Just in case you overlooked the obvious...

Have you checked that the brightness isn't turned up way too far? On many
monitors,
excessive brightness can result in symptoms like you describe.

Beyond that you may need to try another monitor to check if you have a
problem with
your video card or your monitor.

--
Dan (Woj...) dmaster at lucent dot com