PC Cesar Vialpando

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 13, 2005 4:11:22 AM

stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.

friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.

so guessing im doing something wrong.

any hints and tips plz?

thanks

More about : cesar vialpando

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 4:11:23 AM

Mick wrote:

> stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
> meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.
>
> friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.
>
> so guessing im doing something wrong.
>
> any hints and tips plz?
>
> thanks

the dancing car? It's not easy really though like everything else you
get more used to it. On the ps2 the main thing is to be spot on. It's
a timing thing. The dancing is similar but on the ps2 the car is done
with the sticks and the dancing is done with the buttons. Try and get
your click in dead center of the Circle as the symbol hits it and see
if that helps. If it doesn't try hitting it just as the symbol enters
the circle. As I said, there's a difference obviously with the
analogue sticks, there's a kind of flow to it, whereas a button is
just a click. I'm assuming it has you pressing the arrow keys? but
then you have diagonal movements too... I wouldn't fancy doing this on
keys!

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:55:36 GMT, Paul Heslop
<paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Mick wrote:
>>
>> stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
>> meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.
>>
>> friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.
>>
>> so guessing im doing something wrong.
>>
>> any hints and tips plz?
>>
>> thanks
>
>the dancing car? It's not easy really though like everything else you
>get more used to it. On the ps2 the main thing is to be spot on. It's
>a timing thing. The dancing is similar but on the ps2 the car is done
>with the sticks and the dancing is done with the buttons. Try and get
>your click in dead center of the Circle as the symbol hits it and see
>if that helps. If it doesn't try hitting it just as the symbol enters
>the circle. As I said, there's a difference obviously with the
>analogue sticks, there's a kind of flow to it, whereas a button is
>just a click. I'm assuming it has you pressing the arrow keys? but
>then you have diagonal movements too... I wouldn't fancy doing this on
>keys!

I have just done this mission on the pc using the arrow keys and was
really easy....If [The OP] wants practice then go to one of the clubs
and try in there...

Basically listen to the music....and you will notice the button
presses go with the beat....so get into the rhythm of the beat and you
start to see that your presses are on time....

Good luck!

--
The Zero ST
Related resources

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> the dancing car? It's not easy really though like everything else you
> get more used to it. On the ps2 the main thing is to be spot on. It's
> a timing thing. The dancing is similar but on the ps2 the car is done
> with the sticks and the dancing is done with the buttons. Try and get
> your click in dead center of the Circle as the symbol hits it and see
> if that helps. If it doesn't try hitting it just as the symbol enters
> the circle. As I said, there's a difference obviously with the
> analogue sticks, there's a kind of flow to it, whereas a button is
> just a click. I'm assuming it has you pressing the arrow keys? but
> then you have diagonal movements too... I wouldn't fancy doing this on
> keys!

I found this really easy on the PS2 version, yet found other supposedly easy
missions quite difficult.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 4:11:25 AM

Craig Coope wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:55:36 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Mick wrote:
> >>
> >> stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
> >> meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.
> >>
> >> friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.
> >>
> >> so guessing im doing something wrong.
> >>
> >> any hints and tips plz?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >
> >the dancing car? It's not easy really though like everything else you
> >get more used to it. On the ps2 the main thing is to be spot on. It's
> >a timing thing. The dancing is similar but on the ps2 the car is done
> >with the sticks and the dancing is done with the buttons. Try and get
> >your click in dead center of the Circle as the symbol hits it and see
> >if that helps. If it doesn't try hitting it just as the symbol enters
> >the circle. As I said, there's a difference obviously with the
> >analogue sticks, there's a kind of flow to it, whereas a button is
> >just a click. I'm assuming it has you pressing the arrow keys? but
> >then you have diagonal movements too... I wouldn't fancy doing this on
> >keys!
>
> I have just done this mission on the pc using the arrow keys and was
> really easy....If [The OP] wants practice then go to one of the clubs
> and try in there...
>
> Basically listen to the music....and you will notice the button
> presses go with the beat....so get into the rhythm of the beat and you
> start to see that your presses are on time....
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> The Zero ST

ah, the same buttons for both? That would have been useful!
--

Beck wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > the dancing car? It's not easy really though like everything else you
> > get more used to it. On the ps2 the main thing is to be spot on. It's
> > a timing thing. The dancing is similar but on the ps2 the car is done
> > with the sticks and the dancing is done with the buttons. Try and get
> > your click in dead center of the Circle as the symbol hits it and see
> > if that helps. If it doesn't try hitting it just as the symbol enters
> > the circle. As I said, there's a difference obviously with the
> > analogue sticks, there's a kind of flow to it, whereas a button is
> > just a click. I'm assuming it has you pressing the arrow keys? but
> > then you have diagonal movements too... I wouldn't fancy doing this on
> > keys!
>
> I found this really easy on the PS2 version, yet found other supposedly easy
> missions quite difficult.

typical isn;t it, there's always one awkward bugger

:o ))

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 13, 2005 1:08:05 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Beck wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> the dancing car? It's not easy really though like everything else
>>> you get more used to it. On the ps2 the main thing is to be spot
>>> on. It's a timing thing. The dancing is similar but on the ps2 the
>>> car is done with the sticks and the dancing is done with the
>>> buttons. Try and get your click in dead center of the Circle as
>>> the symbol hits it and see if that helps. If it doesn't try hitting
>>> it just as the symbol enters the circle. As I said, there's a
>>> difference obviously with the analogue sticks, there's a kind of
>>> flow to it, whereas a button is just a click. I'm assuming it has
>>> you pressing the arrow keys? but then you have diagonal movements
>>> too... I wouldn't fancy doing this on keys!
>>
>> I found this really easy on the PS2 version, yet found other
>> supposedly easy missions quite difficult.
>
> typical isn;t it, there's always one awkward bugger
>
>> O))

I have to be awkward, I only pop my head in here once in a while ;-)
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:29:12 PM

Beck wrote:

> > typical isn;t it, there's always one awkward bugger
> >
> >> O))
>
> I have to be awkward, I only pop my head in here once in a while ;-)

Now's not a good time. Are you still playing the game? I'm afraid I
bought Forza so I am hurting my hands more on that than SA at the
moment
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 13, 2005 3:09:26 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Beck wrote:
>>

>>> typical isn;t it, there's always one awkward bugger

>> I have to be awkward, I only pop my head in here once in a while ;-)
>
> Now's not a good time. Are you still playing the game? I'm afraid I
> bought Forza so I am hurting my hands more on that than SA at the
> moment

Don't own the game anymore. Looking forward to Liberty City Stories now
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 3:09:27 PM

Beck wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:

> >> I have to be awkward, I only pop my head in here once in a while ;-)
> >
> > Now's not a good time. Are you still playing the game? I'm afraid I
> > bought Forza so I am hurting my hands more on that than SA at the
> > moment
>
> Don't own the game anymore. Looking forward to Liberty City Stories now

That the one on the psp? My son bought a japanese import but he just
couldn't get the hang of working round the language so he's sold it on
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 13, 2005 3:59:12 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:

>> Don't own the game anymore. Looking forward to Liberty City Stories
>> now
>
> That the one on the psp? My son bought a japanese import but he just
> couldn't get the hang of working round the language so he's sold it on

hehe should have asked someone in the ps2 group. The language can be
changed to English.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 4:20:06 PM

Beck wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> >> Don't own the game anymore. Looking forward to Liberty City Stories
> >> now
> >
> > That the one on the psp? My son bought a japanese import but he just
> > couldn't get the hang of working round the language so he's sold it on
>
> hehe should have asked someone in the ps2 group. The language can be
> changed to English.

The actual machine's language? Boy, he'll be miffed with that. His
broher has bought it off him, so how easy is it to do that language
thing?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 13, 2005 5:52:44 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Beck wrote:

>>> That the one on the psp? My son bought a japanese import but he just
>>> couldn't get the hang of working round the language so he's sold it
>>> on
>>
>> hehe should have asked someone in the ps2 group. The language can be
>> changed to English.
>
> The actual machine's language? Boy, he'll be miffed with that. His
> broher has bought it off him, so how easy is it to do that language
> thing?

hehe he's gonna be pissed off :-)

This is assuming the icons are the same... when switching on, go left as
far as possible so you get the briefcase icon. Go down to system settings
which should be an icon with a spanner and psp shape and select that with O.
Then in system settings there is about 10 settings, go to the second one
down which should be system language and you can toggle it to English.
Bear in mind though if he buys Japanese games, they will override the system
settings and will most likely play in Japanese only unless they have
specifically coded it for English aswell. Better to import games from North
America.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 8:57:30 PM

Beck wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Beck wrote:

> >> hehe should have asked someone in the ps2 group. The language can be
> >> changed to English.
> >
> > The actual machine's language? Boy, he'll be miffed with that. His
> > broher has bought it off him, so how easy is it to do that language
> > thing?
>
> hehe he's gonna be pissed off :-)
>
> This is assuming the icons are the same... when switching on, go left as
> far as possible so you get the briefcase icon. Go down to system settings
> which should be an icon with a spanner and psp shape and select that with O.
> Then in system settings there is about 10 settings, go to the second one
> down which should be system language and you can toggle it to English.
> Bear in mind though if he buys Japanese games, they will override the system
> settings and will most likely play in Japanese only unless they have
> specifically coded it for English aswell. Better to import games from North
> America.

thanks so much, I'll let him know next time i see him
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:33:29 AM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:11:22 +1000, "Mick" <tomakeitrite@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
>meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.
>
>friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.
>
>so guessing im doing something wrong.
>
>any hints and tips plz?
>
>thanks

I understand that the sequence is random. I just want to know about
the controls since nothing seems to work for me. After about a dozen
tries I have yet to get anything above 0 points.

Would someone please post how to use the controls for this miserable
mission?

Which keys are used? Does the CAPSLOCK key have anything to do with
this? Do I need to press two keys for the diagonal arrows?

Thanks
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:45:35 PM

"Jack Crack" <JackCrack@JackCrack.not> wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:11:22 +1000, "Mick" <tomakeitrite@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
>>meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.
>>
>>friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.
>>
>>so guessing im doing something wrong.
>>
>>any hints and tips plz?
>>
>>thanks
>>

> I understand that the sequence is random. I just want to know about
> the controls since nothing seems to work for me. After about a dozen
> tries I have yet to get anything above 0 points.
>
> Would someone please post how to use the controls for this miserable
> mission?
>
> Which keys are used? Does the CAPSLOCK key have anything to do with
> this? Do I need to press two keys for the diagonal arrows?
>
> Thanks

I had to go into the menu and reconfigure the keys for this one after a
disastrous first attempt. I think the keys to configure are called something
like "special control left" "special control right" etc. I changed mine to
be W,A,S and D (I use the arrow keys for normal movement) and passed the
mission on my second go.

You don't have to get anything like a perfect score, and it's best to ignore
the car and the messages at the top of the screen, just concentrate on the
symbols and block everything else from your mind. Then just press the
appropriate key(s) when the symbol gets into the middle of the circle.
That's what I did and it worked for me, anyway.

Yes, you do have to press two keys to get a "up and to the left" or whatever
to work. I missed most of those and still passed the mission, so it seems to
be pretty forgiving once you get the basic hang of it.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:45:36 PM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:45:35 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
wrote:

>"Jack Crack" <JackCrack@JackCrack.not> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:11:22 +1000, "Mick" <tomakeitrite@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>stuck on this mission. looks easy and i get the grenral idea on what your
>>>meant to do. but haven't managed to score a single point.
>>>
>>>friend has the game on PS2 and said that this mission is easy.
>>>
>>>so guessing im doing something wrong.
>>>
>>>any hints and tips plz?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>

>> I understand that the sequence is random. I just want to know about
>> the controls since nothing seems to work for me. After about a dozen
>> tries I have yet to get anything above 0 points.
>>
>> Would someone please post how to use the controls for this miserable
>> mission?
>>
>> Which keys are used? Does the CAPSLOCK key have anything to do with
>> this? Do I need to press two keys for the diagonal arrows?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>I had to go into the menu and reconfigure the keys for this one after a
>disastrous first attempt. I think the keys to configure are called something
>like "special control left" "special control right" etc. I changed mine to
>be W,A,S and D (I use the arrow keys for normal movement) and passed the
>mission on my second go.
>
>You don't have to get anything like a perfect score, and it's best to ignore
>the car and the messages at the top of the screen, just concentrate on the
>symbols and block everything else from your mind. Then just press the
>appropriate key(s) when the symbol gets into the middle of the circle.
>That's what I did and it worked for me, anyway.
>
>Yes, you do have to press two keys to get a "up and to the left" or whatever
>to work. I missed most of those and still passed the mission, so it seems to
>be pretty forgiving once you get the basic hang of it.

That was it. I mapped the special keys to the arrows. I got it the
first time using the special keys.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 6:56:36 PM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:33:29 -0700, Jack Crack
<JackCrack@JackCrack.not> wrote:

>I understand that the sequence is random. I just want to know about
>the controls since nothing seems to work for me. After about a dozen
>tries I have yet to get anything above 0 points.
>
>Would someone please post how to use the controls for this miserable
>mission?
>
>Which keys are used? Does the CAPSLOCK key have anything to do with
>this? Do I need to press two keys for the diagonal arrows?

I used the numerical pad and the diagonals worked. The 7, 9, 1, 3 keys
on the pad, not the main keyboard numbers.

You also have to press when the symbol is in the center of the circle,
not when it first appears. Might be obvious, but my first try I got a
zero because I was pressing as they rolled in from the right.

The other poster is correct too; you have to lock on the symbols and
ignore the rest of the scene.

Steve
--
www.thepaxamsolution.com
Anonymous

"Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> writes:

> You don't have to get anything like a perfect score, and it's best to ignore
> the car and the messages at the top of the screen, just concentrate on the
> symbols and block everything else from your mind.

Did you get any money from this mission? I'm fairly sure I won, but I
didn't get paid back, so in effect I lost my $1000. When I went back
to do more car bouncing and won I did get paid. Fun way to make some
pocket change...
!