Question re: new-every-two plan

Last response: in Network Providers
July 26, 2005 5:07:27 AM

Have a relative that bought a 1 yr 400 minute plan in '01. Never signed
up for a new plan, bills been running around $100/mo. Are there any
incentives they can take advantage for new phone/service, or are they
just SOL for never having signed a 2yr. contract? Thanks in advance!
SD

More about : question plan

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:28:17 PM

On 26 Jul 2005 01:07:27 -0700, daugherty.sean@comcast.net wrote:

>Have a relative that bought a 1 yr 400 minute plan in '01. Never signed
>up for a new plan, bills been running around $100/mo. Are there any
>incentives they can take advantage for new phone/service, or are they
>just SOL for never having signed a 2yr. contract? Thanks in advance!
>SD

They are not eligible for New Every Two because they did not sign a
two year agreement. That said, they might me able to get a deal on
one of their older model (soon to be discontinued) phones, maybe even
get it for free, depending on the mood of the salesman or manager.
They try to take care of people whose bills regularly run in the three
digits.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:34:36 PM

The Ghost of General Lee wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2005 01:07:27 -0700, daugherty.sean@comcast.net
> wrote:
>
>> Have a relative that bought a 1 yr 400 minute plan in
>> '01. Never signed up for a new plan, bills been running
>> around $100/mo. Are there any incentives they can take
>> advantage for new phone/service, or are they just SOL
>> for never having signed a 2yr. contract? Thanks in
>> advance! SD
>
> They are not eligible for New Every Two because they did
> not sign a two year agreement. That said, they might me
> able to get a deal on one of their older model (soon to
> be discontinued) phones, maybe even get it for free,
> depending on the mood of the salesman or manager. They
> try to take care of people whose bills regularly run in
> the three digits.

Not necessarily. I got a New Every Two credit without being
on a 2 year agreement. It was the first upgrade I had done
in a while and when they introduced New Every Two I think they
didn't require signing for a 2 year plan. You simply had to
have been on a qualifying plan for 2 years since your last
upgrade. To *continue* with the new any two I had to sign
up for another 2 years but they gave me my first $100 with
no strings attached. CS said something like "o you had service
before the new every two thing started so..."

So... call CS, tell them they didn't have new every two but
you want the credit. Worth a shot. Things have changed
a bit with that promo. For example before there wasn't any
time period after which it expired. Now it's 6 months after
you become eligible for the credit.

-Quick
!