What is a good Replacement for Ti4200?

Sam

I have been thinking of upgrading my video card for Doom 3. I
currently have a BFG Asylum Geforce 4 Ti4200 with 128 MB. I would like
to know what I can get for around $100.00-$150.00 that is better. I
heard the 5700 ULTRA is great and would run new games with no problem.
I am not thinking of spending 300.00-500.00 for the latest greatest
either .

> I have been thinking of upgrading my video card for Doom 3. I
> currently have a BFG Asylum Geforce 4 Ti4200 with 128 MB. I would like
> to know what I can get for around $100.00-$150.00 that is better. I
> heard the 5700 ULTRA is great and would run new games with no problem.

Hold on to your money until the game is released, you might end up like
those guys holding a ticket for the HL2 otherwise.. then again there are
rumors that Doom III might be released this summer, you never know.. and
that's the whole point.

Slug

On Wed, 26 May 2004 02:02:32 +0300, "joe smith"
<rapu@ra73727uashduashfh.org> wrote:

>Hold on to your money until the game is released, you might end up like
>those guys holding a ticket for the HL2 otherwise.. then again there are
>rumors that Doom III might be released this summer, you never know.. and
>that's the whole point.

Rumour is next month. But the 5700 is not a real fast card anyway, it
is no faster than a Ti4200. Save up for at least an ATI 9800pro or
Nvidia 5950. 9800pro is about $200.00.

Sam

Slug <no@email.here> wrote in message news:<r299b0l76sakfoj5mibvvb1876nbcbc4vh@4ax.com>...
> On Wed, 26 May 2004 02:02:32 +0300, "joe smith"
> <rapu@ra73727uashduashfh.org> wrote:
>

> >Hold on to your money until the game is released, you might end up like
> >those guys holding a ticket for the HL2 otherwise.. then again there are
> >rumors that Doom III might be released this summer, you never know.. and
> >that's the whole point.
> >

> Rumour is next month. But the 5700 is not a real fast card anyway, it
> is no faster than a Ti4200. Save up for at least an ATI 9800pro or
> Nvidia 5950. 9800pro is about $200.00.

Really? That is Confusing because the Ti4200 can pump out 113
Million Vertices/Sec While The 5700 Ultra 300 Million. I thought it
would be faster Just by that Item Alone. What am I missing? Although
the Ti4200 is a great card some games like BFV Will pause for a second
in some places unless I have the quality on Low 640x480 16 bit. Which
surprises me since I did all the right upgrades and Defragged etc. My
specs are : Pentium 4 2.4 ghtz with 1 gig DDR Ram and the Ti4200 with
128 MB.

On 27 May 2004 14:18:17 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM (Sam) wrote:

> Really? That is Confusing because the Ti4200 can pump out 113
>Million Vertices/Sec While The 5700 Ultra 300 Million. I thought it
>would be faster Just by that Item Alone. What am I missing? Although
>the Ti4200 is a great card some games like BFV Will pause for a second
>in some places unless I have the quality on Low 640x480 16 bit. Which
>surprises me since I did all the right upgrades and Defragged etc. My
>specs are : Pentium 4 2.4 ghtz with 1 gig DDR Ram and the Ti4200 with
>128 MB.

5600 is no faster than Ti4200. 5700 is faster but still for newer
games I would try to get a 9800pro if you can swing it.