Video card for IBM 300PL

Rodney

Standard IBM PC. I believe an Intel 440BX board.
Need to upgrade video card to support hardward acc.
What can I fit?
Searched net and cannot find any sites that will recommend what card
will fit my motherboard.
Would a GeForce MX420 work ? Looking for second hand on eBay.
thanks

On 27 May 2004 05:30:42 -0700, rodney_atkins@hotmail.com (rodney)
wrote:

>Standard IBM PC. I believe an Intel 440BX board.
>Need to upgrade video card to support hardward acc.
>What can I fit?
>Searched net and cannot find any sites that will recommend what card
>will fit my motherboard.
>Would a GeForce MX420 work ? Looking for second hand on eBay.
>thanks

Ugh. No AGP on those, I believe a P2-450. I think onboard S3 chipset
(maybe even a Cirrus Logic). Any modest PCI card should do, expansion
slots are on a riser card and fit parallel to the mboard. Don't expect
too much; good luck.
regards,

===================
fberganio@comcast.net
===================

On Sat, 29 May 2004 06:07:55 GMT, fredman
<fnobergspamanio@comnocastspam.net> wrote:

>On 27 May 2004 05:30:42 -0700, rodney_atkins@hotmail.com (rodney)
>wrote:
>
>>Standard IBM PC. I believe an Intel 440BX board.
>>Need to upgrade video card to support hardward acc.
>>What can I fit?
>>Searched net and cannot find any sites that will recommend what card
>>will fit my motherboard.
>>Would a GeForce MX420 work ? Looking for second hand on eBay.
>>thanks
>
>Ugh. No AGP on those, I believe a P2-450. I think onboard S3 chipset
>(maybe even a Cirrus Logic). Any modest PCI card should do, expansion
>slots are on a riser card and fit parallel to the mboard. Don't expect
>too much; good luck.
>regards,

Actually, the ones I have seen (with Pentium *3*-450) have AGP slots.
In a desktop case there is a small slot in the back left corner that
accepts a low-profile AGP 2X card. Some of these systems came with an
optional low profile Matrox G200 card in this slot. (These sometimes
appear on eBay and are an improvement over the on-board S3 Trio 3D
video chip.)

There are a large number of variants of this product line, and models
in a tower case may accept a full size AGP card. The original poster
should open the case and see what's available. If there is no full
size AGP slot, then a PCI card will work.
- -
Gary L.
Reply to the newsgroup only