their opinions on which is the best current monitor. I live in the UK and am
looking at max price of £400.

The nominations are:

1) Samsung Syncmaster 172X - £400 at www.komplett.co.uk
2) LG 1710B - £278 at www.ebuyer.com (Just gone down as well ;) from £300)
3) Viewsonic VP171B - £380 at www.savastore.com
4) Guillemot HERCULES PROPHETVIEW 920 PRO - Seems to be discontinued (know
of any other monitors based on HyDis panel??)

which of these - or others - are considered the best for non-ghosting
effects on games and also capable of playing movies pretty well.

Not sure if my list is complete, but I am sure people will add.

TIA b0yce
1 answer Last reply
More about which gaming monitor

    Viewsonic VP171B.... is the best... and also has the best scaling to play at lower res like 1024x768...

    Go read Tom hardware...he reviewed all these monitors...

    "b0yce" <b0yce@.NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote in message news:c9pda8$aa7$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have been reading/researching a lot recently on 17" LCD monitors. I
    > have seen many varied articles, a lot of helpful pointers in this newsgroup
    > etc... but since the Samsung SM172X thread (which was the choice I was
    > swaying towards) I thought I would throw open the doors to everyone to voice
    > their opinions on which is the best current monitor. I live in the UK and am
    > looking at max price of £400.
    >
    > The nominations are:
    >
    > 1) Samsung Syncmaster 172X - £400 at www.komplett.co.uk
    > 2) LG 1710B - £278 at www.ebuyer.com (Just gone down as well ;) from £300)
    > 3) Viewsonic VP171B - £380 at www.savastore.com
    > 4) Guillemot HERCULES PROPHETVIEW 920 PRO - Seems to be discontinued (know
    > of any other monitors based on HyDis panel??)
    >
    > which of these - or others - are considered the best for non-ghosting
    > effects on games and also capable of playing movies pretty well.
    >
    > Not sure if my list is complete, but I am sure people will add.
    >
    > TIA b0yce

Graphics Cards LCD Monitors Graphics