Samsung SM-1100DF 21" CRT Opinions ?

Does anyone use/own a Samsung SM-1100DF 21"CRT monitor ? If so can you
share your opinions on the product. I am seriously considering buying one
of these based on my experience of the most excellent Samsung 959NF 19" CRT
I use at work. I'm hoping the 21" model is as good as the 959NF.

TIA NO SPAM.

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:42:03 +0100, No Spam
<nospam@nospam.nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

>Does anyone use/own a Samsung SM-1100DF 21"CRT monitor ? If so can you
>share your opinions on the product. I am seriously considering buying one
>of these based on my experience of the most excellent Samsung 959NF 19" CRT
>I use at work. I'm hoping the 21" model is as good as the 959NF.

A buddy of mine has a 1100DF. It's so-so. Not the in the same class as
the 959NF IMO.

First of all, it's not a aperture mask tube, but a fake flat
screen(DynaFlat). The front glass is flat, but you see that the image
isn't really. Second there's quite a bit of blooming. Quite a lot
actually. The colour isn't as nice either.Neither is the sharpness.
All in all it's a bit mediocre, really. The price is nice, though, but
not worth it IMHO. The 959NF was much better and was worth the price.

I've seen the Philips 202P40 though, and that's a bloody excellent
monitor. I highly recommend it, the price is quite reasonable too
nowadays.