Moto E815 or LG VX8100

Last response: in Network Providers
July 26, 2005 6:39:09 PM

Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?

More about : moto e815 vx8100

July 27, 2005 1:35:30 AM

This has been asked before. Please search the newsgroups before posting
something again.

"Cliff & Linda Miata" <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:03:50 PM

It's definitey E815. VX8100 has too many bugs and it's been crippled by
Verizon as well.

http://www.mobileisgood.com

"Cliff & Linda Miata" <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
July 29, 2005 4:16:15 AM

J wrote:

> This has been asked before. Please search the newsgroups before posting
> something again.
>
> "Cliff & Linda Miata" <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?

Wow its mr. Im so uphelpful putz again LOL
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 4:22:07 AM

Cliff & Linda Miata wrote:

> Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
get the e 815 , it got insane rf receiption, consistant in call volumn
wether you use the phone earpiece or wired or bluetooth headset. good
battery life beatiful inside screen , etc.... . Just get the e815.
July 29, 2005 5:16:39 PM

I have no problem being helpful but sometimes questions are asked over and
over and nobody seems to read previous posts to get their answers. If you
want to answer the same question 100 times, knock yourself out.

"Bob 1" <ThatWouldBeTelling@DrakeIsSix.com> wrote in message
>J wrote:
>
>> This has been asked before. Please search the newsgroups before posting
>> something again.
>>
>> "Cliff & Linda Miata" <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
>>

> Wow its mr. Im so uphelpful putz again LOL
July 29, 2005 10:19:41 PM

Bob 1 wrote on [Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:16:15 -0700]:
> J wrote:
>
>> This has been asked before. Please search the newsgroups before posting
>> something again.
>>
>> "Cliff & Linda Miata" <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
>>

> Wow its mr. Im so uphelpful putz again LOL

I see you answered the question...
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:04:13 PM

talksense wrote:
> It's definitey E815. VX8100 has too many bugs and it's been crippled by
> Verizon as well.
>
> http://www.mobileisgood.com
>

> "Cliff & Linda Miata" <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?

I'm looking at getting a new phone as well but seem to be leaning
towards the VX8100 right now. I like the addition of the external
mini-SD lot, and I heard you can read text messages on the external
screen, which is a nice feature as well.
August 4, 2005 7:50:50 AM

You can get the 815 via Amazon for free with a 1 year new sign up. Delivery
is about two weeks though.

> Cliff & Linda Miata wrote:
>
>> Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
> get the e 815 , it got insane rf receiption, consistant in call volumn
> wether you use the phone earpiece or wired or bluetooth headset. good
> battery life beatiful inside screen , etc.... . Just get the e815.

August 13, 2005 11:13:48 AM

From what I have read in howardforums, stay away from the 8100. Has
too many annoying bugs.
I got the 815 and loved it. Additionally, you will be able to unlock
many features that verizon crippled on it.

Rico

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:39:09 -0500, "Cliff & Linda Miata"
<pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 6:47:52 PM

My E815 is rock solid. Very satisfied.
"Rico" <grodrig1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> From what I have read in howardforums, stay away from the 8100. Has
> too many annoying bugs.
> I got the 815 and loved it. Additionally, you will be able to unlock
> many features that verizon crippled on it.
>
> Rico
>
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:39:09 -0500, "Cliff & Linda Miata"
> <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?

August 13, 2005 6:47:53 PM

Ed Hudley wrote:

> My E815 is rock solid. Very satisfied.
> "Rico" <grodrig1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > From what I have read in howardforums, stay away from the 8100. Has
> > too many annoying bugs.
> > I got the 815 and loved it. Additionally, you will be able to unlock
> > many features that verizon crippled on it.
> >
> > Rico
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:39:09 -0500, "Cliff & Linda Miata"
> > <pego101remove@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Which is the best vcast/bluetooth phone?

Interesting What bugs?

August 13, 2005 9:44:29 PM

You can read all about them on howard forums.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=679041

Rico

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:33:07 -0400, Lou@GoForIt.net wrote:

>Ed Hudley wrote:
>
>> My E815 is rock solid. Very satisfied.
>> "Rico" <grodrig1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > From what I have read in howardforums, stay away from the 8100. Has
>> > too many annoying bugs.
>> > I got the 815 and loved it. Additionally, you will be able to unlock
>> > many features that verizon crippled on it.
>> >
>> > Rico

>Interesting What bugs?

August 13, 2005 9:44:30 PM

"Rico" <Rico@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> You can read all about them on howard forums.
>
> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=679041
>

> Rico
>
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:33:07 -0400, Lou@GoForIt.net wrote:
>
>>Ed Hudley wrote:
>>
>>> My E815 is rock solid. Very satisfied.
>>> "Rico" <grodrig1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

>>Interesting What bugs?

Rico --

Where can I find out about the features that Verizon has crippled?

TIA

Steve M.in CA.
August 14, 2005 12:26:54 AM

Go here and read the e815 guide to hacking.

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294

When you are done, you will have the following functionality.

(edited text from their hack guide)

"Enable Obex Bluetooth profile (Bluetooth file transfers)

Enable DUN (dial up networking)

Enable Multimedia transfers to/from Transflash card

Use speakerphone with flip closed: Make call, start speakerphone,
close flip. If you leave speakerphone on, voice activation button
works with flip closed. Nice.

MP3 Stereo. Just bought a Samsung i730 pda ($719 retail); the E815 mp3
stereo playback blows the i730 away. Get a pair of stereo headphones &
play those mp3s from your transflash card; leave that ipod at home.

View mpg files from transflash. Open file in QuickTime, go to
file/export; save as Movie to 3G, click options. File format 3GPP2,
Video=Mpeg-4, frames per second = 15, key frame every 24, size 176 x
144. Copy to your transflash card; switch storage device to TF card
and watch video."

Rico
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:05:53 -0700, "Steve M. in CA."
<swimming@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Rico
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 12:26:55 AM

"Rico" <Rico@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:o j3tf1ppsb6mbd8e0jfuqnle62vsq9pjud@4ax.com...

> Go here and read the e815 guide to hacking.
>
> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294
>
> When you are done, you will have the following functionality.
>
> (edited text from their hack guide)
>
> "Enable Obex Bluetooth profile (Bluetooth file transfers)
>
> Enable DUN (dial up networking)
>
> Enable Multimedia transfers to/from Transflash card
>
> Use speakerphone with flip closed: Make call, start speakerphone,
> close flip. If you leave speakerphone on, voice activation button
> works with flip closed. Nice.
>
> MP3 Stereo. Just bought a Samsung i730 pda ($719 retail); the E815 mp3
> stereo playback blows the i730 away. Get a pair of stereo headphones &
> play those mp3s from your transflash card; leave that ipod at home.
>
> View mpg files from transflash. Open file in QuickTime, go to
> file/export; save as Movie to 3G, click options. File format 3GPP2,
> Video=Mpeg-4, frames per second = 15, key frame every 24, size 176 x
> 144. Copy to your transflash card; switch storage device to TF card
> and watch video."
>
> Rico
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:05:53 -0700, "Steve M. in CA."
> <swimming@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Rico

Thanks
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:37:53 PM

I read on Howard Forums where there is an update about to be released
that fixes some of the issues people have been experiencing with the
8100. Take a look at that.
!