Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Need opinions on GE TV to PC Convertor/ TV Tuner (HO27699)

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • TV
  • Monitors
  • Converter
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
June 8, 2004 4:44:39 PM

Hi, Everyone. I have 2 heavy PC monitors (about 21 inchers) and I am
considering getting this GE converter for the monitors. I am waiting
for tech support to get back to me about whether I need a working
desktop and a soundcard thingo to use this product. If anyone in this
group knows about this product and how to make the best use of it,
your feedback would really be appreciated. THANK YOU.

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CES10344.html

GE TV to PC Convertor/ TV Tuner (HO27699)
$39.99

Condition: New

Warranty: 90 days

The GE brand TV to PC Converter (HO27699) allows you to watch TV on
your computer monitor, via the converter's unique built-in tuner. You
merely connect the converter to your cable box, satellite box,
television antenna, or actual TV, and begin watching television on
your computer monitor. The best thing about this TV tuner is it
REQUIRES NO SOFTWARE at all!

The TV to PC Converter also turns your PC monitor into a multimedia
entertainment center by allowing hook-ups of other electronic signal
devices. The front A/V and S-Video additional inputs allows you
simultaneous connections of the television signal and any other
multimedia device with RCA or S-Video connections. This feature
enables the converter to also play devices such as a DVD player,
Camcorder, VCR, or video game console to your computer monitor without
unhooking the television connection in the back of the unit.

With a full function menu, the unit comes equipped with similar
controls as a television to adjust brightness, tint, contrast, hue,
fine tuning, add or delete channels and auto channel scan. The simple
plug and play installation procedure requires no computer software to
install and includes a full-function remote with direct access channel
buttons, volume control, last channel recall, and mute feature.

The GE brand TV to PC Converter is great for use in home offices,
extra bedrooms, dorm rooms, or anywhere a television is not present.
It easily converts unused computer monitors into high quality TVs.

The unit comes packaged with a stand to allow placement either
vertically or horizontally, AC adaptor, VGA cable, 3.5mm audio cable,
and batteries for the remote.

More about : opinions convertor tuner ho27699

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 9, 2004 8:15:35 PM

I just bought one too, and I'm betting you need to supply speakers or
headphones to get any audio out of it. I'm sure the design intent was to
patch into the AUX in on your soundcard, but any old computer or other kinds
of speakers ought to work just fine.

"ggg" <goodgutgut@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Everyone. I have 2 heavy PC monitors (about 21 inchers) and I am
> considering getting this GE converter for the monitors. I am waiting
> for tech support to get back to me about whether I need a working
> desktop and a soundcard thingo to use this product. If anyone in this
> group knows about this product and how to make the best use of it,
> your feedback would really be appreciated. THANK YOU.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 12, 2004 4:08:52 AM

I am thinking about buying this device also. One thing I don't
understand is what is that supplied VGA cable for? Computer monitors
have usually non-detachable VGA cable already connected to them. So
what's the cable that comes with the converter for?