Large (23") tft monitors

Hello c.s.i.o.h.v world - hopefully this is the right newsgroup for a
question like this.

I'd appreciate any opinions about large tft monitors. There's a few on
the market now that run at 1920x1200 in a 23" display area.

In particular, things like the Samsung 243T, Sony SDM-P232W and Philips
230W5BS.

Anybody got one?

--

John Robin Devany

redbrick

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I have a SDM-P232w/B...and it's great...the text clearity is amazing.
Despite what some folks around here may say about LCD's...this monitor
is definitely a good gaming monitor. I see no ghosting or lagging.

The colors are vibrant. I really like the fact you can hang this on
a wall. I plan to hang mine on an armature and rotate the monitor
90 degrees when I feel the need to (The video card can rotate the desktop
as well)

You might want to watchout for dead or stuck pixels when you buy this monitor.

The warranty is good too...3 years!!!

Two video inputs user selectable DVI or D-sub.

Low power consumption...this was one of the factors that tip the scale for
me...between the SDM-P232 or the GDM-p900???

The only downside to monitors this size is having the horsepower to drive
the application(game) at the native resolution...I don't know if the lastest
video cards can do this 1920x1200 at least 30fps??

follow up with your questions if you have anymore...

Look around for prices...I got mine brand new from Tiger direct for $2000!!!

Redbrick...who loves his CLK

In article <camsp3$acp$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, firstname@lastname.com
says...

>Hello c.s.i.o.h.v world - hopefully this is the right newsgroup for a
>question like this.
>
>I'd appreciate any opinions about large tft monitors. There's a few on
>the market now that run at 1920x1200 in a 23" display area.
>
>In particular, things like the Samsung 243T, Sony SDM-P232W and Philips
>230W5BS.
>
>Anybody got one?
>
>--
>
> John Robin Devany

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

redbrick@fastermail.com (Redbrick) wrote in message news:<eC7Ec.4678$Gg1.4348@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>...
> I have a SDM-P232w/B...and it's great...the text clearity is amazing.
> Despite what some folks around here may say about LCD's...this monitor
> is definitely a good gaming monitor. I see no ghosting or lagging.
>
> The colors are vibrant. I really like the fact you can hang this on
> a wall. I plan to hang mine on an armature and rotate the monitor
> 90 degrees when I feel the need to (The video card can rotate the desktop
> as well)
>
> You might want to watchout for dead or stuck pixels when you buy this monitor.
>
> The warranty is good too...3 years!!!
>
> Two video inputs user selectable DVI or D-sub.
>
> Low power consumption...this was one of the factors that tip the scale for
> me...between the SDM-P232 or the GDM-p900???
>
> The only downside to monitors this size is having the horsepower to drive
> the application(game) at the native resolution...I don't know if the lastest
> video cards can do this 1920x1200 at least 30fps??
>
> follow up with your questions if you have anymore...
>
> Look around for prices...I got mine brand new from Tiger direct for $2000!!!
>

> Redbrick...who loves his CLK
>

> In article <camsp3$acp$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, firstname@lastname.com
> says...
> >
> >Hello c.s.i.o.h.v world - hopefully this is the right newsgroup for a
> >question like this.
> >
> >I'd appreciate any opinions about large tft monitors. There's a few on
> >the market now that run at 1920x1200 in a 23" display area.
> >
> >In particular, things like the Samsung 243T, Sony SDM-P232W and Philips
> >230W5BS.
> >
> >Anybody got one?
> >
> >--
> >
> > John Robin Devany