Camera Card trouble

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Every couple of days, I send the following to 'techhelp@ziosupport.com', who now
own the Dazzle series of camera card readers for PCs.

I instantly get a "we got your e-mail" response.

I haven't found a Sandisk contact. (I found where they talk about their
guarantee, but I have not found how to use their guarantee. A guarantee that
doesn't have a way to use is a lie).

I need to be able to use my camera card without locking up Windows Explorer!

I've gotten a couple of automatic notifications that you have received my
requests for assistance, but so far I have received no assistance.

First Name: Howard

Last Name: Brazee

E-mail Address: howard@brazee.net H howard.brazee@cusys.edu W

Phone Number: (720)890-1609 H (303)492-9486 W

Computer Manufacturer (Dell, Gateway, custom, etc.): Clone & Gateway

Computer Type (desktop, laptop, Mac G3, G4, etc.): Desktop & Desktop

Operating System (Mac OS™, Windows™ 98, Windows 2000, etc.): Windows XP Pro &
Windows 2000

Service Packs (Windows 2000, XP only): Latest XP at home; Windows 2000
Professional Service Pack 4 (build 2195) at work.

RAM (memory): 933 megahertz Intel Pentium III 32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, 2G? at home.

Card Reader Model (Universal 8 in 1, CompactFlash ZiO, etc.): 8-in-1 (high
speed) (both home and work)Gold front.

Media Card Type (SmartMedia, CompactFlash, MMC, SD, xD, etc.): (SD)

Media Card Manufacturer (Sandisk™, Fuji™, Microtech™, etc.): (Sandisk)

Troubleshooting Steps Performed:

Detailed Description of Your Difficulties:

I was using a 125M camera card to take data back and forth to work. The card
went bad, and I tested it by trying to format it in my camera (Kodak easyshare
DX6490) and also tried at CompUSA. My camera already had a SD 256 MB card, but
it's response was kind of slow, so I decided to spend the extra money and get an
Sandisk Ultra II 256 MB SD card this time, to see if it was faster. I would
use the faster one in my camera. I bought the card, but when I tried to use
it with either reader, my Windows Explorer locked up. I switched cards with my
camera. Same thing happened.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

WHY are you sticking your 'phone number up on usenet? are you congenitally
stupid?
"Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
> Every couple of days, I send the following to 'techhelp@ziosupport.com',
who now
> own the Dazzle series of camera card readers for PCs.
>
> I instantly get a "we got your e-mail" response.
>
> I haven't found a Sandisk contact. (I found where they talk about their
> guarantee, but I have not found how to use their guarantee. A guarantee
that
> doesn't have a way to use is a lie).
>

> I need to be able to use my camera card without locking up Windows
Explorer!

> I've gotten a couple of automatic notifications that you have received my
> requests for assistance, but so far I have received no assistance.
>

> First Name: Howard
>
> Last Name: Brazee
>
> E-mail Address: howard@brazee.net H howard.brazee@cusys.edu W
>
> Phone Number: (720)890-1609 H (303)492-9486 W
>
> Computer Manufacturer (Dell, Gateway, custom, etc.): Clone & Gateway
>
> Computer Type (desktop, laptop, Mac G3, G4, etc.): Desktop & Desktop
>
> Operating System (Mac OST, WindowsT 98, Windows 2000, etc.): Windows XP
Pro &

On 16-Jun-2004, "Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote:

> WHY are you sticking your 'phone number up on usenet? are you congenitally
> stupid?
I didn't edit their form down.

My phone number is listed in the phone book. Am I afraid that there are people
on the internet who are out to get me who don't know how to use a phone book?
Not really.

Are only congenitally stupid listed in the phone book?
I wouldn't think so.

Does that mean I am congenitally stupid? Or stupid for some other reason?
I wouldn't say so.

Should I be paranoid? It depends - are paranoid people happy?
I doubt it.

Any other questions? Do you believe I am now in great danger from people who
know how to use newsgroups but don't know how to use phone books?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

and while you are having a go at canongirly

whos more stupid you for posting it in the first place or canongirly for not
snipping your number from her post questioning the sanity of your origonal
post?

well my last sentence made sense to me atleast :eek:)

Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
postmaster@127.0.0.1

> On 16-Jun-2004, "Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote:
>
> > WHY are you sticking your 'phone number up on usenet? are you
congenitally
> > stupid?
> I didn't edit their form down.
>
> My phone number is listed in the phone book. Am I afraid that there are
people
> on the internet who are out to get me who don't know how to use a phone
book?
> Not really.
>
> Are only congenitally stupid listed in the phone book?
> I wouldn't think so.
>
> Does that mean I am congenitally stupid? Or stupid for some other
reason?
> I wouldn't say so.
>
> Should I be paranoid? It depends - are paranoid people happy?
> I doubt it.
>
> Any other questions? Do you believe I am now in great danger from
people who
> know how to use newsgroups but don't know how to use phone books?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hey if the dick is happy to publish his home and Works telephone number in
newsnet who am I to snip it.

And don't blame me when you get all sorts of crank calls and telesales
operations calling you. Dumbass

"Alan Hinchcliffe" <alan.hinchcliffe@nospam_btinternet.com> wrote in message
> and while you are having a go at canongirly
>
> whos more stupid you for posting it in the first place or canongirly for
not
> snipping your number from her post questioning the sanity of your origonal
> post?
>
> well my last sentence made sense to me atleast :eek:)

> Bait for spammers:
> root@localhost
> postmaster@localhost
> admin@localhost
> abuse@localhost
> postmaster@127.0.0.1
> "Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
> >
> > On 16-Jun-2004, "Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote:
> >
> > > WHY are you sticking your 'phone number up on usenet? are you
> congenitally
> > > stupid?
> > I didn't edit their form down.
> >
> > My phone number is listed in the phone book. Am I afraid that there
are
> people
> > on the internet who are out to get me who don't know how to use a phone
> book?
> > Not really.
> >
> > Are only congenitally stupid listed in the phone book?
> > I wouldn't think so.
> >
> > Does that mean I am congenitally stupid? Or stupid for some other
> reason?
> > I wouldn't say so.
> >
> > Should I be paranoid? It depends - are paranoid people happy?
> > I doubt it.
> >
> > Any other questions? Do you believe I am now in great danger from
> people who
> > know how to use newsgroups but don't know how to use phone books?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I'm sure the FIRST place telemarketers go to get lists of phone numbers is
Usenet, right? Gee, and I thought they just bought software that contains
all the numbers in phonebooks across the country. Guess I must be
"congenitally stupid" for believing this.