How long before data usage shows up on web site ?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 27, 2005 9:54:15 AM

What's the longest amount of time it can take for my data usage
to show up on Verizon's web site at verizonwireless.com ?
July 28, 2005 7:29:17 AM

Well, from what one of verizons online data techs told me, it could be
forever. The way he told it, if you have an unlimited data plan, the data
kb usage will never appear on the web site.

Example, now I have 172kb showing up as my data usage, but a call to #DATA
tells me I have used 672 KB. The only real problem I have with the 172kbs,
is that it has not changed since. But like I said above, I did not expect
it to show up on the web site.

Before I had an unlimited data plan the longest I noticed any 1X kb usage
not showing up was 2 days. Q2Net never did show up.

Of course you got to compare it to txt messaging, on the 22nd my bill showed
up on line. On the 23rd I paid my bill on line, I got a txt message
confirming that I had paid my bill, and the website said I owed $0.00. On
the 26th I got a txt message saying my bill was ready on line and I owed
$XX.XX. I called tech support and they were unable to explain why (or
figure out how) the txt message arrived at my phone 3 days after I paid the
bill.

<meow@meow.com> wrote in message
news:p v7ee1tk15ip8t58n8tm9ev72vss5p0rph@4ax.com...

> What's the longest amount of time it can take for my data usage
> to show up on Verizon's web site at verizonwireless.com ?

July 28, 2005 11:17:51 AM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:29:17 GMT, "Dave" <davepmer@insightbb.com>

>Well, from what one of verizons online data techs told me, it could be
>forever. The way he told it, if you have an unlimited data plan, the data
>kb usage will never appear on the web site.
>
>Example, now I have 172kb showing up as my data usage, but a call to #DATA
>tells me I have used 672 KB. The only real problem I have with the 172kbs,
>is that it has not changed since. But like I said above, I did not expect
>it to show up on the web site.
>
>Before I had an unlimited data plan the longest I noticed any 1X kb usage
>not showing up was 2 days. Q2Net never did show up.

I have the $15/MB data plan and it's been about 3 days since I used
National Access to browse a web site.

Now I'm wondering if a small amount of data usage (like 10 KB) takes
longer to show up than a large amount of usage (like over 100 KB) or
if the total usage has to reach a certain amount before it's shown on
Verizon's web site.
Related resources
July 29, 2005 2:02:24 AM

Well, the website is up to 1/2 my kb usage. But, #data has went down! It
is now saying I used 645kb yesterday it said 672?????

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:29:17 GMT, "Dave" <davepmer@insightbb.com>
>
>>Well, from what one of verizons online data techs told me, it could be
>>forever. The way he told it, if you have an unlimited data plan, the
>>data
>>kb usage will never appear on the web site.
>>
>>Example, now I have 172kb showing up as my data usage, but a call to #DATA
>>tells me I have used 672 KB. The only real problem I have with the
>>172kbs,
>>is that it has not changed since. But like I said above, I did not expect
>>it to show up on the web site.
>>
>>Before I had an unlimited data plan the longest I noticed any 1X kb usage
>>not showing up was 2 days. Q2Net never did show up.
>
> I have the $15/MB data plan and it's been about 3 days since I used
> National Access to browse a web site.
>
> Now I'm wondering if a small amount of data usage (like 10 KB) takes
> longer to show up than a large amount of usage (like over 100 KB) or
> if the total usage has to reach a certain amount before it's shown on
> Verizon's web site.

August 5, 2005 10:13:03 AM

Update August 4, 2005

My data usage on July 25 finally showed up on
Verizon's web site this morning after 10 days !

Then I checked again this afternoon and found that it
had disappeared from the web site even though the
Voice and TXT usages were still shown correctly.

During the same period of time I also called #DATA
many times for SMS updates and it also took about
the same amount of time for the usage to show up
althogh the same usage hasn't disappeared from
the SMS updates like it did from the web site.

This can be frustrating for somebody like me who's
on the $15/MB plan. Wonder how long it's going to
take Verizon to get things to work properly.
!