network monitoring

What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up.
I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification.

Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free ;-(

>What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up.
>I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification.
>
>Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free ;-(

I don't know of any that are good and free ;-) There are a number of inexpensive
ones that will do what you want at http://www.monitoring-software.net take a
look at TrapSnap.

Edward Johns