network monitoring

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
a b C Monitor
July 26, 2004 6:06:36 AM

What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up.
I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification.

Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free ;-(

More about : network monitoring

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 11:08:15 AM

>What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up.
>I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification.
>
>Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free ;-(

I don't know of any that are good and free ;-) There are a number of inexpensive
ones that will do what you want at http://www.monitoring-software.net take a
look at TrapSnap.

Edward Johns
!