network monitoring

What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up.
I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification.

Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free ;-(
1 answer Last reply
More about network monitoring

    >What is a good free network monitor that is easy to set up.
    >I would like to have snmp polling, a trap receiver, and email notification.
    >
    >Loriot used to be great but it's not on linux and no longer free ;-(

    I don't know of any that are good and free ;-) There are a number of inexpensive
    ones that will do what you want at http://www.monitoring-software.net take a
    look at TrapSnap.

    Edward Johns

Firewalls Security Monitors Networking