Eizo Flexscan 767 LCD for photo & video editing?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Photo
  • Video
  • LCD
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 2, 2004 4:45:19 PM

I'm seeking a replacement for my old CRT. Primarily used for digital
photography (Photoshop tweaking) and some digital video editing.

Does anyone have info on the Eizo Flexscan 767(LCD) - will it fit the bill?
I'm a little confused about response times (video). The Flexscan is 20ms,
is that fast enough for fluid video?

If not the Flexscan 767 - does anyone have recommendations for 19in flat
panel displays? Can anyone direct me towards a website that has reviews and
recommendations for flat panels for video and photo editing?

I used a LCD monitor a few years back (Dell 1503FP) and had a great deal of
trouble with photoediting. Have LCD's improved since then?

More about : eizo flexscan 767 lcd photo video editing

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2004 9:53:20 AM

> I'm seeking a replacement for my old CRT. Primarily used for digital
> photography (Photoshop tweaking) and some digital video editing.
>
> Does anyone have info on the Eizo Flexscan 767(LCD) - will it fit the
bill?
> I'm a little confused about response times (video). The Flexscan is 20ms,
> is that fast enough for fluid video?

The L767 has 25ms Samsung PVA panel.
I have used one for a year and it is a beautiful
monitor, but not very good for fast moving graphics... :-\

> If not the Flexscan 767 - does anyone have recommendations for 19in flat
> panel displays? Can anyone direct me towards a website that has reviews
and
> recommendations for flat panels for video and photo editing?

Eizo is introducing the new L768.
Last generation Samsung PVA panel with 1000:1 contrast
and 178° viewing angle.
http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/l768/index.asp

In September they will make also a L797 with NEC S-IPS panel.

> I used a LCD monitor a few years back (Dell 1503FP) and had a great deal
of
> trouble with photoediting. Have LCD's improved since then?

According to my experience with L767 and other LCDs...
You can use it for home and semi-pro photoediting,
but CRTs remains more suited for this task thanks to
smooth and realistic colors.

Eizo make also the CG series color calibrated LCDs...
but I think you don't like the price...
;-)

> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Ask me about L767 if you want...

Greetings
!