Gateway Solo 9550 - memory

I have a Gateway Solo 9550 laptop computer with 256 RAM memory.
Should I buy more memory? This machine is a Pentium III
1.0 ghz. It works fine but some times it seems a little slow
like when I open a photo editing program like Paint Shop Pro.
I use my computer mostly for the internet but also do some
word processing and various other things on it.

I have Windows XP Professional on the computer.

Any ideas if its worthwhile adding more memory?

You'll get better answers than this, but here goes. PSP seems to reserve a
huge amount of memory for each picture so is challenged on my 133 with
maximum 128 ram. If someone here doesn't say you have the maximum memory for
your machine, then yes, more will probably speed up PSP.
Linda Grant <linda5510@softhome.net> wrote in message
> I have a Gateway Solo 9550 laptop computer with 256 RAM memory.
> Should I buy more memory? This machine is a Pentium III
> 1.0 ghz. It works fine but some times it seems a little slow
> like when I open a photo editing program like Paint Shop Pro.
> I use my computer mostly for the internet but also do some
> word processing and various other things on it.
>
> I have Windows XP Professional on the computer.
>
> Any ideas if its worthwhile adding more memory?

SR

"Linda Grant" <linda5510@softhome.net> wrote in message news:Xns9566F22F9C7D1linda5510softhomenet@130.133.1.4...
> I have a Gateway Solo 9550 laptop computer with 256 RAM memory.
> Should I buy more memory? This machine is a Pentium III
> 1.0 ghz. It works fine but some times it seems a little slow
> like when I open a photo editing program like Paint Shop Pro.
> I use my computer mostly for the internet but also do some
> word processing and various other things on it.
>
> I have Windows XP Professional on the computer.
>
> Any ideas if its worthwhile adding more memory?

More memory would probably help.

Your system will support up to 1GB, using two 512MB, PC133, 144-pin SODIMMs. It supports memory chip densities up to 256Mbits. So, you would need 512MB SODIMMs that have sixteen 32Mx8(256Mbit) chips. 256MB SODIMMs with either eight 32Mx8 or sixteen 16Mx8 chips could be used.

Crucial is a good place to buy memory: http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Gateway%2BSolo&mfr=Gateway&cat=RAM&model=Solo+9550+Series&submit=Go

TRENDING THREADS