installation help hauppauge wintv pvr 350

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2004 4:11:49 PM

Can anyone help please - having major problems installing drivers for
hauppauge wintv pvr 350 pci card. error message "this device cannot start
(code 10)" after each attempt to install drivers. have tried using other
pci slots as suggested in the manual and tried suggestions made on their
support page. I'm running the following system:
MSI KT47V mobo
256 DDR
Sapphire Radeon 7500 agp graphics card
Windows XP home edition (SP1)

Thanks, Maz
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2004 6:47:22 PM

"M Bowers" <mbowers@freenet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<40efceed$1_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>...
> Can anyone help please - having major problems installing drivers for
> hauppauge wintv pvr 350 pci card. error message "this device cannot start
> (code 10)" after each attempt to install drivers. have tried using other
> pci slots as suggested in the manual and tried suggestions made on their
> support page. I'm running the following system:
> MSI KT47V mobo
> 256 DDR
> Sapphire Radeon 7500 agp graphics card
> Windows XP home edition (SP1)
>
> Thanks, Maz

When you install the drivers did it give you an error code, or when
trying to open up the exe file? Did you install the video codec? What
does device manager say about the device, after installing the driver
can you see it in device manager? Did you do a clean uninstall of the
drivers before atempting another install?

It could be possible that you have hosed the drivers with all the
installs. Did you see this page
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support_pvr250-350.html follow it to a
tee. Did Windows detect the new card, and the popup new hardware
screen tell you your card was detected? If you have it in a good PCI
slot windows should detect the card. Then just cancel out, and follow
the directions on the webpage.

If the driver does install, you could always install another
application such as SageTV, or others. You can find SageTV
http://www.sage.tv/ it is a good program.

I have a pvr250 and I had a motherboard that only liked the card in
the first PCI slot, so make sure you try every slot, I even had to use
a different card as my graphics card took two slots.

Gnu_Raiz
!