GeForce2 MX400 Video backward compatibility

Hello,

I have a Geforce2 MX400 PCI that will work on a Supermicro 370DL3
(PIII 1000) motherboard, but will not work on a Asus VX97 (P 233)
motherboard (no video at all at boot). Is there a backward
compatibility problem with the PCI bus.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about geforce2 mx400 video backward compatibility

    Yes; it is the wrong AGP version and the wrong voltage.

    --
    DaveW

    > Yes; it is the wrong AGP version and the wrong voltage.

    How would that affect his PCI card though?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    I hate to assume, but i thought all PCI bus was backward compatible.
    Just would make sense to me. I was hoping that the i could change
    something in the bios...And again i'm just assuming.
    RR

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:33:35 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
    >> Yes; it is the wrong AGP version and the wrong voltage.
    >>

    >How would that affect his PCI card though?

Graphics Cards Video Compatibility Motherboards Graphics