GeForce2 MX400 Video backward compatibility

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2004 12:17:17 PM

Hello,

I have a Geforce2 MX400 PCI that will work on a Supermicro 370DL3
(PIII 1000) motherboard, but will not work on a Asus VX97 (P 233)
motherboard (no video at all at boot). Is there a backward
compatibility problem with the PCI bus.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2004 3:20:10 AM

Yes; it is the wrong AGP version and the wrong voltage.

--
DaveW

"RidgeRunner" <rr@hardcore.com> wrote in message
news:o omve0hmpcqblhj0qm7vcti9fbc4l7e2uh@4ax.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a Geforce2 MX400 PCI that will work on a Supermicro 370DL3
> (PIII 1000) motherboard, but will not work on a Asus VX97 (P 233)
> motherboard (no video at all at boot). Is there a backward
> compatibility problem with the PCI bus.
>
> Thanks
July 12, 2004 12:33:35 AM

> Yes; it is the wrong AGP version and the wrong voltage.

How would that affect his PCI card though?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2004 10:17:53 PM

I hate to assume, but i thought all PCI bus was backward compatible.
Just would make sense to me. I was hoping that the i could change
something in the bios...And again i'm just assuming.
RR

!