shakey display - not a virus

I have a Sony monitor and all of a sudden the display was shaking as if it
had tremors.

It isn't a virus as I attached the computer to another monitor and
everything was fine.

So, what is the likely cause/fix for this. Is it the monitor, cable, or ???

Prior to this there were already problems. The colors would darken
(everything still quite visible). I'd jiggle things, and the display would
rebrighten.

TIA.

Roy

Unfortunately, it sounds like your monitor is dying.

--
DaveW

Roy Gordon wrote:

> I have a Sony monitor and all of a sudden the display was shaking as if it
> had tremors.
>
> It isn't a virus as I attached the computer to another monitor and
> everything was fine.
>
> So, what is the likely cause/fix for this. Is it the monitor, cable, or
> ???
>
> Prior to this there were already problems. The colors would darken
> (everything still quite visible). I'd jiggle things, and the display would
> rebrighten.

Sounds like a cable problem or interference. Is the video cable running
near a lamp or motor of any kind?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

"Roy Gordon" <royg_XOUT@sonic_xout.com> wrote in message
> I have a Sony monitor and all of a sudden the display was shaking as if it
> had tremors.
>
> It isn't a virus as I attached the computer to another monitor and
> everything was fine.
>
> So, what is the likely cause/fix for this. Is it the monitor, cable, or
???

> Prior to this there were already problems. The colors would darken
> (everything still quite visible). I'd jiggle things, and the display would
> rebrighten.

I've had two Sony monitors with similar symptoms that got progressively
worse over months... unfortunantly the monitors were not repairable, but
fortunantly still under warranty at the time. They wouldn't have replaced a
F400 (19") with a F520 (21") if there was an easy fix! :)

- Daniel

TRENDING THREADS