Your question

Horizontal lines in all my games

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
November 13, 2003 6:41:08 AM

OK, Getting fed up now, need some help.
Basically when im playing games in most of them im getting horizontal lines running down the screen i.e medal of honor, IGI2, Postal and many other games. I have recently changed my graphiocs card, memory and motherboard and noticed that i still have the same problem.

System Spec:

athlon xp 2200
1 gig 266 DDR Ram
Abit k7 board
ATI G9600PRO Graphics Card
60 gig HD

As you can see my system is not bad and i would expect it to run games without horizontal lines running through it.

Does anyone now why and how to resolve this problem of the horizontal lines co's it aint half annoying me now.

Thanks

More about : horizontal lines games

November 13, 2003 7:56:57 AM

Can you give us details of your screen settings (specifically resolution and refresh rate), and the settings you're using in your games.

Also let us know the specifications of the monitor you're using.

Barton 2500+, 512MB Corsair Platinum XMS 3200 CL2, Radeon 9700, WD Raptor 10,000 rpm S-ATA HDD, Asus A7V600, Enermax 460W SilentPlus PSU.
November 13, 2003 11:59:31 AM

Well the games settings obviously change dependent on the game and the options. However i have tried droping the settings to low on everything but get same problem. Tbh the settings does not seem to be relivant as there is no slow down running everything in high qaulity 32 bit, its just the bloody horizontal lines.

I have tried loads of diffrent refresh rates from 60 hz through to 85 hz but still no change,

As i have had this problem with two boards and threee diffrent graphic cards im starting to wonder weather it's the os, co's im using XP and have read on other forums this may be the cause and may be worth dual booting to runs games. This may work but at the end off the day is only a work around and not a solution to my origanal problem,

Any ideas ?
Related resources
November 13, 2003 2:28:23 PM

Have you tried a different monitor? That could be the problem.
November 13, 2003 3:52:24 PM

I have sused the problem, It was vsync that was casuing all the problems. It was not enabled for direct 3d. So my monitor and graphics card was not synced togeather causing teair. All sorted now though sweet as
November 27, 2003 8:49:37 AM

lads altho im sure most of yez know about vsync and horrible tears it causes try a program called reforce rate. I know for myself that although u set the monitor to 85hz etc when in games it can reset to 60hz and cause bloody annoying tears... this prog forces the monitor to stay at the settings u give it although be aware that some games dont like it eg BF1942 wont run while its on and if u forget yur using reforce u can spend fecking ages trying to find out whats wrong.

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"