SCSI scanner

G

Hi all,
Sorry I had posted this on the other forum.

I have a SCSI scanner , its on a ISA card =o( . I noticed on the scanner it has a cable connection for other devices, I was wondering if its a good idea to add extra devices on this expansion slot or get another scsi card/pci and use that instead?.

Whats the bad on the ISA slot anyway?

Also just been reading about problems with changing from the dedicated scanner card to a universal SCSI card on PCI slot. Also interesting about USB being so slow, my ol' scanner is An Acer Prisa 610S and still think it does a great job.Dont want to part with it, cost me a pretty penny.

Thanx in advance....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/22/01 07:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Hi,

I have the same scanner, complete with dedicated isa scsi card, I have another scsi card in my system for my cd drives, but it just wont work with the scanner, I only have the 1 isa card - the scsi card but when I upgrade my board next (hopefully not for a while (kt7a raid)) I may find it difficult go find one with an isa slot, if you find a pci card that works with the scanner I'd be grateful if youi would let me know.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

G

Hey Calv, go <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"> here </A>.
Posted the question in another forum. Worth a read mate!

~Burnt my cookie overclocking~

G

My email to Acer....

-----Original Message-----
Sent:
To: service-tw@acercm.com.tw
Subject: Help with Acer

Hello,
I have recently upgraded my computer motherboard to one that doesn't support the ISA slot expansion card to SCSI adapter for my Acer Prisa 610s scanner.
There are a number of PCI slot expansion SCSI adapters on the market and I would like to be sure I get the right one, this scanner is to good to upgrade.

What I need to know is there a preferred PCI expansion slot card for SCSI adaption best suiting the scanner?
Your recommendation will be much appreciated,

Regards,

Scotty
----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam :
This is Customer Service Department of Acer Communication & Multimedia Asia
Pacific Inc.
Thanks for your message.

1.You can purchase a SCSI card to fit PCI slot as long as it is ASPI
compatible.
2.You can upgrade the driver which available in following web site.
.MiraScan V3.42
<A HREF="http://www.acercm.com.tw/products/scan/service/drivers/MiraScan342S.zip" target="_new">http://www.acercm.com.tw/products/scan/service/drivers/MiraScan342S.zip</A>

Best regards
CMP Service Center
-------------------------------------------

~Burnt my cookie overclocking~

G

Just bought an Adaptec 29160N SCSI PCI card. So will see how it goes.

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue> :wink: