SCSI scanner

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 22, 2001 1:10:42 PM

Hi all,
Sorry I had posted this on the other forum.

I have a SCSI scanner , its on a ISA card =o( . I noticed on the scanner it has a cable connection for other devices, I was wondering if its a good idea to add extra devices on this expansion slot or get another scsi card/pci and use that instead?.

Whats the bad on the ISA slot anyway?

Also just been reading about problems with changing from the dedicated scanner card to a universal SCSI card on PCI slot. Also interesting about USB being so slow, my ol' scanner is An Acer Prisa 610S and still think it does a great job.Dont want to part with it, cost me a pretty penny.

Thanx in advance....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/22/01 07:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : scsi scanner

August 1, 2001 1:05:31 PM

Hi,

I have the same scanner, complete with dedicated isa scsi card, I have another scsi card in my system for my cd drives, but it just wont work with the scanner, I only have the 1 isa card - the scsi card but when I upgrade my board next (hopefully not for a while (kt7a raid)) I may find it difficult go find one with an isa slot, if you find a pci card that works with the scanner I'd be grateful if youi would let me know.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
September 3, 2001 5:40:15 AM

My email to Acer....