SCSI scanner

Hi all,
Sorry I had posted this on the other forum.

I have a SCSI scanner , its on a ISA card =o( . I noticed on the scanner it has a cable connection for other devices, I was wondering if its a good idea to add extra devices on this expansion slot or get another scsi card/pci and use that instead?.

Whats the bad on the ISA slot anyway?

Also just been reading about problems with changing from the dedicated scanner card to a universal SCSI card on PCI slot. Also interesting about USB being so slow, my ol' scanner is An Acer Prisa 610S and still think it does a great job.Dont want to part with it, cost me a pretty penny.

Thanx in advance....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/22/01 07:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
5 answers Last reply
More about scsi scanner
  1. Hi,

    I have the same scanner, complete with dedicated isa scsi card, I have another scsi card in my system for my cd drives, but it just wont work with the scanner, I only have the 1 isa card - the scsi card but when I upgrade my board next (hopefully not for a while (kt7a raid)) I may find it difficult go find one with an isa slot, if you find a pci card that works with the scanner I'd be grateful if youi would let me know.

    Next time you wave - use all your fingers
  2. Hey Calv, go <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"> here </A>.
    Posted the question in another forum. Worth a read mate!

    ~Burnt my cookie overclocking~
  3. My email to Acer....