Webcam claim 30fps is a joke! In reality 1fps

What I don't understand is how can webcam companies claim to deliver 30fps
when everyone I have talked to via webcam is getting 1fps. It's very
choppy. Is that not a big over exaggerated? My friends have DSL and
cable high speed internet. Or am I missing something here?

lbbss wrote:
> What I don't understand is how can webcam companies claim to deliver
> 30fps when everyone I have talked to via webcam is getting 1fps.
> It's very choppy. Is that not a big over exaggerated? My
> friends have DSL and cable high speed internet. Or am I missing
> something here?

You probably get 30fps when using the webcam locally (i.e. not over a
network), of course that sort of defeats the purpose of having a "web"-cam.
:)

Neither DSL nor cable Internet are fast enough yet to keep up with a
full-motion webcam. The software on the webcam doesn't do enough real-time
compression to enable it yet.

Yousuf Khan