Controlling territories

wim

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Okay, I have not left Los Santos yet, I have claimed 33% of the area, is
there any bonuses in achieving all 100% of areas in Los Santos.

"Wim" <wim@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I have not left Los Santos yet, I have claimed 33% of the area, is
> there any bonuses in achieving all 100% of areas in Los Santos.

You get respect nothing more. I'd wait until later in the game to get all
100% percent.

"Wim" <wim@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I have not left Los Santos yet, I have claimed 33% of the area, is
> there any bonuses in achieving all 100% of areas in Los Santos.

I think the more territories you gain, the more respect you get...

wim

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Corey Simonator" <Smashmouth@runtheball.com> wrote in message

> "Wim" <wim@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Okay, I have not left Los Santos yet, I have claimed 33% of the area, is
>> there any bonuses in achieving all 100% of areas in Los Santos.
>
> You get respect nothing more. I'd wait until later in the game to get all
> 100% percent.

thanks guys

Corey Simonator wrote:

> "Wim" <wim@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Okay, I have not left Los Santos yet, I have claimed 33% of the area, is
> > there any bonuses in achieving all 100% of areas in Los Santos.
>
> You get respect nothing more. I'd wait until later in the game to get all
> 100% percent.

yep, without giving too much away so would I
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In message <m1lre.11768$K5.7553@newsfe4-win.ntli.net>
"Wim" <wim@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay, I have not left Los Santos yet, I have claimed 33% of the area, is
> there any bonuses in achieving all 100% of areas in Los Santos.

Just keep playing the storline missions - you'll find out.

Taking the territories over is a great way to up your respect and
collect AK47 rounds. On my first playthrough, I did these before
collecting 100 spraytags, so I maxed out my AK47 skill at Hitman level
really early. On later plays, I always plump for the unlockables.

Cheers,
Rob

"Corey Simonator" <Smashmouth@runtheball.com> writes:

> You get respect nothing more. I'd wait until later in the game to get all
> 100% percent.

You do get your weapons skills up pretty quickly and lots of free ammo
that's easily collected. I think you can get your skill level to
hitman level with almost all weapons before leaving LS.

I think you also gain money faster if you have more territory? Buying
up all the safehouses in Los Santos with the territory money is at
least somewhat useful.

In message <vg3u0k10x7q.fsf@jolt.modeemi.cs.tut.fi>
Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:

> You do get your weapons skills up pretty quickly and lots of free ammo
> that's easily collected. I think you can get your skill level to
> hitman level with almost all weapons before leaving LS.

I can't be sure, but I think that the new weapons unlocked at
Ammu-Nation aren't at key points in the storyline, but on gaining a
certain amount of percentage complete.

I found the M4 to be the most helpful weapon due to it's heavy rate of
fire and long range, but the combat shotgun (The last gun with a stat
you can unlock) is far more fun to use :eek:)

Btw, anybody else find that minigun on the southern end of the big
railway bridge in San Fierro?

> I think you also gain money faster if you have more territory? Buying
> up all the safehouses in Los Santos with the territory money is at
> least somewhat useful.

More kills = mo' money. The safehouses with garages are quite handy if
you're collecting rare cars (Bullet-proof, damage-proof, flame-proof)
and for snagging vehicles that don't appear often for customisation.

Of course, the best thing about wiping the floor with the other gangs
and gaining territory is that you won't be set upon for going into what
was previously their turf!

Cheers,
Rob