GTA SA PC: WTF happened to the cinematic shots during a ju..

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic view...no
dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.
14 answers Last reply
More about happened cinematic shots

    Nobody wrote in news:Xns967525B0457XZLKJOIDUKLJ098098@24.24.2.167:

    > WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
    >
    > In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic
    > view...no dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.

    In GTA III and GTA Vice City, you only got a cinematic view for "unique
    stunt jumps". There are maps to all of their locations.

    San Andreas is no different, and there are more unique stunt jumps in San
    Andreas than in Vice City and III combined.

    Why don't you actually play the game and ask a sensible question instead of
    mouthing off before you know what you're talking about? Actually, you might
    be right though. Maybe you should get your money back. I think this game
    might be too much for you.

    "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Nobody wrote in news:Xns967525B0457XZLKJOIDUKLJ098098@24.24.2.167:
    >>
    >> WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
    >>
    >> In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic
    >> view...no dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.
    >
    > In GTA III and GTA Vice City, you only got a cinematic view for "unique
    > stunt jumps". There are maps to all of their locations.
    >
    > San Andreas is no different, and there are more unique stunt jumps in San
    > Andreas than in Vice City and III combined.
    >
    > Why don't you actually play the game and ask a sensible question instead
    > of mouthing off before you know what you're talking about? Actually, you
    > might be right though. Maybe you should get your money back. I think this
    > game might be too much for you.

    I haven't done any unique jumps in SA yet so I don't know what happens, but
    the cinematic view camera you can look at in normal play is fantastic. Last
    night I was flying the small jet out to sea in order to rack up enough hours
    to get my pilot's licence without having to do the flying school. I
    discovered the cinematic camera by accident, and it makes the flight look
    like a promotional video for the plane. Great stuff.

    Nobody wrote:

    > WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
    >
    > In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic view...no
    > dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.

    well, when I jump the jumps, properly I might add, I get the full slow
    mo with slow mo voices etc. I don't know what you're getting or what
    you want, but the only time I don;t get slow mo is when I am going
    too, er, slow

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    > WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.

    I love you people who thinks the game is worth SQUAT, if there is just ONE
    SINGLE THING in the game you do not like.. :-))

    --
    Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
    For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @

    "[ ThrashDK ]" <Thrash@SpamSuxBig-Time.com> wrote in message
    >> WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.
    >
    > I love you people who thinks the game is worth SQUAT, if there is just ONE
    > SINGLE THING in the game you do not like.. :-))
    >
    > --
    It does seem a bit harsh to chuck the whole game out because of something
    like that. Think of all the great things that have been added over VC or
    GTA3, they must surely outweigh any negatives.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:10:29 GMT, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
    >
    >In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic view...no
    >dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.

    Nope...I have seen the cinematic view on SA.....

    --
    The Zero ST
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:10:13 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >>
    >> WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
    >>
    >> In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic view...no
    >> dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.
    >
    >well, when I jump the jumps, properly I might add, I get the full slow
    >mo with slow mo voices etc. I don't know what you're getting or what
    >you want, but the only time I don;t get slow mo is when I am going
    >too, er, slow

    I did my first unique last night, that wooden bridge with the center
    missing out in one of the county areas (east I think.) I did it on a
    Bike, in the pouring rain, peddling frantically in the mud to get up
    speed. Had to lean forward in slo'mo in mid-air to stick the landing,
    but it worked. Very artistic and stuff.

    Steve
    --
    www.thepaxamsolution.com
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Steve Bartman wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:10:13 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Nobody wrote:
    > >>
    > >> WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
    > >>
    > >> In Vice City, if I jumped a vehicle off a ramp, I got a cinematic view...no
    > >> dice with SA...WTF...what a goddamn waste of $50.
    > >
    > >well, when I jump the jumps, properly I might add, I get the full slow
    > >mo with slow mo voices etc. I don't know what you're getting or what
    > >you want, but the only time I don;t get slow mo is when I am going
    > >too, er, slow
    >
    > I did my first unique last night, that wooden bridge with the center
    > missing out in one of the county areas (east I think.) I did it on a
    > Bike, in the pouring rain, peddling frantically in the mud to get up
    > speed. Had to lean forward in slo'mo in mid-air to stick the landing,
    > but it worked. Very artistic and stuff.
    >
    > Steve
    > --
    > www.thepaxamsolution.com

    My favourite isn't too far from there. It's at the end of one of the
    big roads, in the very middle of two of those looping curves which get
    you up onto the road... er, the Montgomery Intersection. There's a
    massive run up as long as nobody tries to swipe you off the road and
    there's also a pretty big landing area, though you often feel like
    you'll land on the houses at the back when you get that insane rush.

    The one you mentioned has to be jumped one time on a quad, which can
    be quite messy.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:57:36 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >My favourite isn't too far from there. It's at the end of one of the
    >big roads, in the very middle of two of those looping curves which get
    >you up onto the road... er, the Montgomery Intersection. There's a
    >massive run up as long as nobody tries to swipe you off the road and
    >there's also a pretty big landing area, though you often feel like
    >you'll land on the houses at the back when you get that insane rush.

    I'll look for it. The outlying areas are massive, and I've only seen
    the LS-accessible areas. Have only been by Montgomery once, at high
    speed.

    >The one you mentioned has to be jumped one time on a quad, which can
    >be quite messy.

    Quad? You mean any 4-wheeler or is there a vehicle named that?

    Steve
    --
    www.thepaxamsolution.com
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42ae9310$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

    > I haven't done any unique jumps in SA yet so I don't know what happens, but
    > the cinematic view camera you can look at in normal play is fantastic. Last
    > night I was flying the small jet out to sea in order to rack up enough hours
    > to get my pilot's licence without having to do the flying school. I
    > discovered the cinematic camera by accident, and it makes the flight look
    > like a promotional video for the plane. Great stuff.

    I'm absolutely certain that's how they did the TV ads and those little
    TV bits for the driving school. As I recall, they used the aircraft
    cinematic view in one of the first trailers. It features a Juank Air
    plane flying over the Vinewood sign.

    For those of you looking for unique jumps, check your stats. There's
    now a 'Unique Jumps Found' stat, along with the standard 'Unique Jumps
    Completed' stat.

    Oh, and they're not needed for 100% in case you're wondering.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Steve Bartman" <sbartman@visi.com> wrote

    > I did my first unique last night, that wooden bridge with the center
    > missing out in one of the county areas (east I think.)

    LOL
    I did that one during a Catalina mission.........with her bitching at me in
    slow motion........was tres funny!

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ....why, other guards, of course!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    M wrote:

    > "Steve Bartman" <sbartman@visi.com> wrote
    >
    > > I did my first unique last night, that wooden bridge with the center
    > > missing out in one of the county areas (east I think.)
    >
    > LOL
    > I did that one during a Catalina mission.........with her bitching at me in
    > slow motion........was tres funny!

    > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    > ...why, other guards, of course!

    yeah, she even swears in slow motion
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42AF536E.FA8D16D0@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > We don't see many in England. They are used by farmers and
    > occasionally you hear of someone getting killed on them.

    Shame that Ozzy Osbourne survived really isn't it?

    Cheers,
    Rob
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <42AF536E.FA8D16D0@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > We don't see many in England. They are used by farmers and
    > > occasionally you hear of someone getting killed on them.
    >
    > Shame that Ozzy Osbourne survived really isn't it?
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    Welllll, i can't say i like him but I don't hate him THAT much :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/