Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Playing MP3s on a Moto V710

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 12:39:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

My continuing series of questions dealing with playing MP3s on a V710. Last
question answered about pressing "hide" to keep the V710 playing MP3s when
closing the phone.

Next question, How do you keep the phone playing MP3s? When I press "hide"
and close the phone , the phone keeps playing to the end of the song then
stops. It does not play the next song. I need to open the phone then
select the next song for it to play, which is a little awkward.

Thanks,
Pete Rissler
http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/
http://www.tccycling.com

More about : playing mp3s moto v710

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:53:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I doubt the V710 is the same, but with the V635, while you are in the sounds
menu you can hit the middle key>go to New and create a playlist. Give it a
shot, you never know. If it doesn't, maybe you can look into seeing if you
can get a copy of the latest firmware or at least ask around to see if
people who have it are able to create playlists.
Another idea may be to install the V635s MP3 Player Java app and see if it
can work with the V710.
"Pete Rissler" <peter_rissler@rissler.reno.nv.us> wrote in message
news:3kv0tuF10ci27U1@individual.net...
My continuing series of questions dealing with playing MP3s on a V710. Last
question answered about pressing "hide" to keep the V710 playing MP3s when
closing the phone.

Next question, How do you keep the phone playing MP3s? When I press "hide"
and close the phone , the phone keeps playing to the end of the song then
stops. It does not play the next song. I need to open the phone then
select the next song for it to play, which is a little awkward.

Thanks,
Pete Rissler
http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/
http://www.tccycling.com
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:53:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:NPadnZ5pIcnF8HffRVn-rA@rogers.com...
>I doubt the V710 is the same, but with the V635, while you are in the
>sounds
> menu you can hit the middle key>go to New and create a playlist. Give it
> a
> shot, you never know. If it doesn't, maybe you can look into seeing if
> you
> can get a copy of the latest firmware or at least ask around to see if
> people who have it are able to create playlists.
> Another idea may be to install the V635s MP3 Player Java app and see if it
> can work with the V710.

Thanks, I tried the playlist and the phone still stops after playing the
first song. I have the latest firmware installed as of last week. I'll
check and see if there's an mp3 program around for the v710.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:53:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Pete Rissler" <peter_rissler@rissler.reno.nv.us> wrote in message
news:3kvd96Fv1bv9U1@individual.net...
> "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:NPadnZ5pIcnF8HffRVn-rA@rogers.com...
>>I doubt the V710 is the same, but with the V635, while you are in the
>>sounds
>> menu you can hit the middle key>go to New and create a playlist. Give it
>> a
>> shot, you never know. If it doesn't, maybe you can look into seeing if
>> you
>> can get a copy of the latest firmware or at least ask around to see if
>> people who have it are able to create playlists.
>> Another idea may be to install the V635s MP3 Player Java app and see if
>> it
>> can work with the V710.
>
> Thanks, I tried the playlist and the phone still stops after playing the
> first song. I have the latest firmware installed as of last week. I'll
> check and see if there's an mp3 program around for the v710.


I retried using the playlist and now it works. I obviously did something
wrong before. I think I must of picked one song in the playlist instead of
the playlist.
--
Pete Rissler
http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/
http://www.tccycling.com
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:18:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In alt.cellular.motorola CJD <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote:
> I doubt the V710 is the same, but with the V635, while you are in the sounds
> menu you can hit the middle key>go to New and create a playlist.

The E815 is the same way. Either you play a playlist, which will go from
one song to the next, or else you play just one song at a time.

But here's my question: Are these playlists any kind of standard playlist
that I can create on my computer an import along with the MP3s, or must I
create tham on the phone only?


--
Why don't presidents fight the war?
Why do they always send the poor?

-- System of a Down
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:53:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

CJD wrote:
> Another idea may be to install the V635s MP3 Player Java app and see if it
> can work with the V710.

The V710 is a Verizon CDMA phone. It has BREW, not Java. (Unless, of
course, there is another version of the "V710" which uses Java.)
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:00:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Ah, I wasn't sure if they were still using brew or not.
"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
news:1eHGe.2069$iM7.1572@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
CJD wrote:
> Another idea may be to install the V635s MP3 Player Java app and see if it
> can work with the V710.

The V710 is a Verizon CDMA phone. It has BREW, not Java. (Unless, of
course, there is another version of the "V710" which uses Java.)
!