win XP auto-installation of ATI drivers

conan

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002

1. Ok as usual r-click on desktop , then properties to get Display
Properties.
from there Settings/Advanced/Adapter/Properties/Driver has these options:

Driver Details
Update Driver
Roll Back Driver
Uninstall

My question is : does the "update driver" option work?

i know it says in ATI's site to uninstall, but just thought to ask, it seems
convienient to do it this way.
has anyone done it with no probs?
also how do upgrade the control panel?

its a new radeon x800 card, saphire technologies, its my first ATI card, so
i am new to ATI driver updates (and Windows XP)

thank you

Best to just download drivers directly from ATI using a web browser.

If you do uninstall the older drivers, make sure you have the ATI driver CD
handy.
Things like the ATI DVD player will not reinstall unless you have the driver
CD.
I usually just install over the old drivers.