PS: I went to the local computer store (Fry's and CompUSA) and the
clerks barely knew what an LCD was.

--
For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:56:52 -0700, Top Spin <ToppSpin@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Are there any online stores that actually know what they are talking
>about regarding LCD monitors and video cards?
>
>I'd like to find an online retailer that I can ask questions and get
>competent answers.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>PS: I went to the local computer store (Fry's and CompUSA) and the
>clerks barely knew what an LCD was.

I don't know if this will help or not, but I found a decent monitor
forum here:

http://forums.devhardware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Good luck with the research; I just bought a Viewsonic VP201B and am
extremely happy with it.

Kevin Miller

"Either way, it is bad for Zathras."

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Top Spin <ToppSpin@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Are there any online stores that actually know what they are talking
> about regarding LCD monitors and video cards?
>
> I'd like to find an online retailer that I can ask questions and get
> competent answers.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> PS: I went to the local computer store (Fry's and CompUSA) and the
> clerks barely knew what an LCD was.

Personally, I found http://www.monitorsdirect.com to be excellent! After
I bought my LCD, a sales rep called me before the monitor arrived. He
introduced himself and told me not to hesitate to call if I have any
problems or questions.

Since they ony sell monitors, perhaps this is the place you are looking
for.

At the time, the monitor I was interested in was on sale and MD offered
free shipping.

If you don't find what you are looking for at MD or their prices are not
to your liking, try these online retailers:

http://www.newegg.com (highly rated)
http://www.mwave.com
http://www.monitoroutlet.com
http://www.cdw.com