Anybody know about high quality crts?

I want to get a 19 inch monitor or bigger....I want it to be a flat
screen CRT because I am assuming it would be cheaper than all of
these newer kinds of monitors. The quality level I looking for
should be able to be able to support the latest video cards and
games. It doesnt matter to me if the monitor takes up alot of space
on my desk. Does such a monitor exist?

==============

On 5 Aug 2004 14:06:19 -0400,
Rocketsastrostexans@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/products/ProductsByFamily.cfm?ProductGroup=CRT&ProductFamily=Non%2DCurrent%20Products%25&ClassificationFamily=2&Classification=1

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:06:19 -0400, Rocketsastrostexans wrote:

> I want to get a 19 inch monitor or bigger....I want it to be a flat
> screen CRT because I am assuming it would be cheaper than all of
> these newer kinds of monitors. The quality level I looking for
> should be able to be able to support the latest video cards and
> games. It doesnt matter to me if the monitor takes up alot of space
> on my desk. Does such a monitor exist?
>
> ==============
> troubleshooting newsgroups.

I personally have the IBM C220P 22" monitor. It is just about the
crispest, most beautiful CRT I have every used. It doesn't suffer from
the convergence problems that some of the ViewSonics do. It is a hard
monitor to find, as not a lot of merchants stock it (it was designed to be
sold with IBM Desktop systems). But I guarantee you.. this monitor is
almost perfect. The graphics are super-sharp, and it feels like I am
using an LCD a lot of the time when it comes to sharpness. (But with none
of the drawbacks such as ghosting, interpolation, etc).

The colors are pretty good too, although I would suggest playing with the
color settings since the default is optimized for desktop/text and in a
game you may want more vivid colors (at the expense of a slight amount of
sharpness).

-Dud

Dudley Moore wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:06:19 -0400, Rocketsastrostexans wrote:
>
>> I want to get a 19 inch monitor or bigger....I want it to be a flat
>> screen CRT because I am assuming it would be cheaper than all of
>> these newer kinds of monitors. The quality level I looking for
>> should be able to be able to support the latest video cards and
>> games. It doesnt matter to me if the monitor takes up alot of space
>> on my desk. Does such a monitor exist?
>>
>> ==============
>> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware
>> troubleshooting newsgroups.
>
> I personally have the IBM C220P 22" monitor. It is just about the
> crispest, most beautiful CRT I have every used. It doesn't suffer from
> the convergence problems that some of the ViewSonics do. It is a hard
> monitor to find, as not a lot of merchants stock it (it was designed to be
> sold with IBM Desktop systems).

FWIW, IBM Direct has them on sale at the moment for $649.
<http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-840&langId=-1&partNumber=673560N&storeId=1>

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)