Best 2D quality card ?

Hi,

I've read most reviews about the latest video cards from ATI and nVidia,
but didn't find any info regarding the 2D quality.

Which brand do you think is the best ? I think it was ELSA in the past, but
I don't know now.

OTOH: Do you know a good VGA cable ?

Thanks in advance !

- Cels

I use a 21' monitor (Hitachi CM810)
I've used Matrox Myst and G400s, 3DFX Voodoo5, ATI 9100 and PNY Nvidia 5200
(all good 2D cards)
now use an ATI 9600 PRO AIW.
I was impressed with the 2D of the PNY Nvidia 5200 ($80 retail), matched the
ATI 9100 in 2D
I believe my 9600 PRO is a little bit better at 2D

"Cel" <mistinthenight@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've read most reviews about the latest video cards from ATI and
nVidia,
> but didn't find any info regarding the 2D quality.
>
> Which brand do you think is the best ? I think it was ELSA in the
past, but
> I don't know now.
>
> OTOH: Do you know a good VGA cable ?
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> - Cels

Rich

Generally speaking ATi smokes nVidia when it comes to 2D quality. Much
clearer pictures and text, with richer colors as well.