Sygate Pro and freeware-Can freeware be made stronger?

I have 2 PC's. One with a paid Sygate Pro license and one with the
freeware version. Since I am between jobs (no excuse I know), is it
possible to use the definition file or something from the Pro version
update with the free version on my other machine?

Thanks so much,
Patty

In article <e5e9337.0407271232.2754dfda@posting.google.com>,
pattyjamas@hotmail.com says...
> I have 2 PC's. One with a paid Sygate Pro license and one with the
> freeware version. Since I am between jobs (no excuse I know), is it
> possible to use the definition file or something from the Pro version
> update with the free version on my other machine?

You could try copying all the .dat files with current dates from one
machine to the other, however, you might run into some compatibility
issues, not sure. The Pro version allows more features and more rules
and there might be other differences as well. Try it and see what
happens. Worse case is you'd just have to reinstall Sygate on your 2nd
machine again..

--
Kerodo

Thanks. Will try it. Else I will just buy another license.

I assume there will be file differences of course.

Appreciate it.
Patty

Kerodo <kerodonospamkenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b705e3d177f4e4f9896b9@news.central.cox.net>...
> In article <e5e9337.0407271232.2754dfda@posting.google.com>,
> pattyjamas@hotmail.com says...
> > I have 2 PC's. One with a paid Sygate Pro license and one with the
> > freeware version. Since I am between jobs (no excuse I know), is it
> > possible to use the definition file or something from the Pro version
> > update with the free version on my other machine?
>
> You could try copying all the .dat files with current dates from one
> machine to the other, however, you might run into some compatibility
> issues, not sure. The Pro version allows more features and more rules
> and there might be other differences as well. Try it and see what
> happens. Worse case is you'd just have to reinstall Sygate on your 2nd
> machine again..

TRENDING THREADS