Hardware help please

Hello,
would like to have some suggestions, please. I want to buy a new video
card that is suitable for the newest pc games, especially sims and fps
games. I don't want to spend too much money and wonder if y'all would
recommend the Club 3d Radeon 9600 Pro? How about the 9800 SE?

I also want to buy more ram memory. I already have 256 mb but are
going to buy another 512. Can I simply put the 512 memory into the
second slot?

Thanks.

zeunerts77@yahoo.se (Streiff) wrote:

>Hello,
>would like to have some suggestions, please. I want to buy a new video
>card that is suitable for the newest pc games, especially sims and fps
>games. I don't want to spend too much money and wonder if y'all would
>recommend the Club 3d Radeon 9600 Pro? How about the 9800 SE?

9600 Pro is good. Avoid the Slow Edition, however. I'd advise to pop
for the 9800 Pro, if you can afford it.

>I also want to buy more ram memory. I already have 256 mb but are
>going to buy another 512. Can I simply put the 512 memory into the
>second slot?

Depends on your motherboard.