Ok... really effin annoyed by this mission

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2005 6:37:04 PM

"Local Liquer Store" mission... aka Badlands 9 according to strategy guide.
PC version. Pick up the nice lady, run over to blueberry, meet the
rednecks on the atv's... and then go chasing after them. Been chasing them
at least ten times a day for the last 4 friggen days.... I know the route
the take.... Have it here on the guide. I go chasing after them... as soon
as I get in range the damn thing decides to spin out for some reason or
other... and yes I am perfectly centered on the road, by the time I recover
I'm way back... charge back up and it repeats.... really pissing me off.
I've given in to cheating.... went over and hacked the ATV's to a slower
speed.... for some reason it only affects MY atv, not the others.... I've
changed my ATV to same physics model as the sanches (I'm a pro at driving
it) still spins out of control as soon as I gain. My driving skills are
MAXED, and i Still can't stay up wiht the bastards before it spins out
AGAIN. I even went so far as to try to shoot down the main road to
palomino creek to head them off with a rocket launcher.... but no sooner
than i start down the road it fails me for loosing them. Never mind I've
been farther behind them than I was at that point with no loss of mission.
So i've hit a desperation point. I either need A, a good solid working
strategy here, B reference to a "complete current mission" cheat, or C a
savegame passed this mission. All of the prev missions were cake, including
that bike chase after OG's "boyfriend" This one mission has just about
hacked me to the point of seeing if my PC can swim in the pool below my
window.......

More about : effin annoyed mission

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:06:14 AM

nooneimportant wrote:

> "Local Liquer Store" mission... aka Badlands 9 according to strategy guide.
> PC version. Pick up the nice lady, run over to blueberry, meet the
> rednecks on the atv's... and then go chasing after them. Been chasing them
> at least ten times a day for the last 4 friggen days.... I know the route
> the take.... Have it here on the guide. I go chasing after them... as soon
> as I get in range the damn thing decides to spin out for some reason or
> other... and yes I am perfectly centered on the road, by the time I recover
> I'm way back... charge back up and it repeats.... really pissing me off.
> I've given in to cheating.... went over and hacked the ATV's to a slower
> speed.... for some reason it only affects MY atv, not the others.... I've
> changed my ATV to same physics model as the sanches (I'm a pro at driving
> it) still spins out of control as soon as I gain. My driving skills are
> MAXED, and i Still can't stay up wiht the bastards before it spins out
> AGAIN. I even went so far as to try to shoot down the main road to
> palomino creek to head them off with a rocket launcher.... but no sooner
> than i start down the road it fails me for loosing them. Never mind I've
> been farther behind them than I was at that point with no loss of mission.
> So i've hit a desperation point. I either need A, a good solid working
> strategy here, B reference to a "complete current mission" cheat, or C a
> savegame passed this mission. All of the prev missions were cake, including
> that bike chase after OG's "boyfriend" This one mission has just about
> hacked me to the point of seeing if my PC can swim in the pool below my
> window.......

Don't try to take corners too fast. I've lost this one a few times
just because I tried to do things too quickly. As I mentioned in
another thread, that vehicle is awful. Don't you just wanna get off
and fill Catalina full of lead instead?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

nooneimportant wrote:
> "Local Liquer Store" mission... aka Badlands 9 according to strategy
> guide. PC version. Pick up the nice lady, run over to blueberry,
> meet the rednecks on the atv's... and then go chasing after them. Been
> chasing them at least ten times a day for the last 4 friggen
> days.... I know the route the take.... Have it here on the guide. I
> go chasing after them... as soon as I get in range the damn thing
> decides to spin out for some reason or other... and yes I am
> perfectly centered on the road, by the time I recover I'm way back...
> charge back up and it repeats.... really pissing me off. I've given
> in to cheating.... went over and hacked the ATV's to a slower
> speed.... for some reason it only affects MY atv, not the others....
> I've changed my ATV to same physics model as the sanches (I'm a pro
> at driving it) still spins out of control as soon as I gain. My
> driving skills are MAXED, and i Still can't stay up wiht the bastards
> before it spins out AGAIN. I even went so far as to try to shoot
> down the main road to palomino creek to head them off with a rocket
> launcher.... but no sooner than i start down the road it fails me for
> loosing them. Never mind I've been farther behind them than I was
> at that point with no loss of mission. So i've hit a desperation
> point. I either need A, a good solid working strategy here, B
> reference to a "complete current mission" cheat, or C a savegame
> passed this mission. All of the prev missions were cake, including
> that bike chase after OG's "boyfriend" This one mission has just
> about hacked me to the point of seeing if my PC can swim in the pool
> below my window.......

Keep your finger on accelerate and fire at the same time. You will get them
eventually. The closer you get ot them too, Catalina will start to fire
aswell. Its a pain of a mission but you will do it.
June 15, 2005 4:57:40 AM

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
> "Local Liquer Store" mission... aka Badlands 9 according to strategy
guide.
> PC version. Pick up the nice lady, run over to blueberry, meet the
> rednecks on the atv's... and then go chasing after them. Been chasing
them
> at least ten times a day for the last 4 friggen days.... I know the route
> the take.... Have it here on the guide. I go chasing after them... as
soon
> as I get in range the damn thing decides to spin out for some reason or
> other... and yes I am perfectly centered on the road, by the time I
recover
> I'm way back... charge back up and it repeats.... really pissing me off.
> I've given in to cheating.... went over and hacked the ATV's to a slower
> speed.... for some reason it only affects MY atv, not the others.... I've
> changed my ATV to same physics model as the sanches (I'm a pro at driving
> it) still spins out of control as soon as I gain. My driving skills are
> MAXED, and i Still can't stay up wiht the bastards before it spins out
> AGAIN. I even went so far as to try to shoot down the main road to
> palomino creek to head them off with a rocket launcher.... but no sooner
> than i start down the road it fails me for loosing them. Never mind I've
> been farther behind them than I was at that point with no loss of mission.
> So i've hit a desperation point. I either need A, a good solid working
> strategy here, B reference to a "complete current mission" cheat, or C a
> savegame passed this mission. All of the prev missions were cake,
including
> that bike chase after OG's "boyfriend" This one mission has just about
> hacked me to the point of seeing if my PC can swim in the pool below my
> window......

Just stay behind them and wait until they reach their hideout and waste them
there if it's giving you that much trouble.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:27:13 PM

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
> "Local Liquer Store" mission... aka Badlands 9 according to strategy
> guide. PC version. Pick up the nice lady, run over to blueberry, meet
> the rednecks on the atv's... and then go chasing after them. Been chasing
> them at least ten times a day for the last 4 friggen days.... I know the
> route the take.... Have it here on the guide. I go chasing after them...
> as soon as I get in range the damn thing decides to spin out for some
> reason or other... and yes I am perfectly centered on the road, by the
> time I recover I'm way back... charge back up and it repeats.... really
> pissing me off. I've given in to cheating.... went over and hacked the
> ATV's to a slower speed.... for some reason it only affects MY atv, not
> the others.... I've changed my ATV to same physics model as the sanches
> (I'm a pro at driving it) still spins out of control as soon as I gain.
> My driving skills are MAXED, and i Still can't stay up wiht the bastards
> before it spins out AGAIN. I even went so far as to try to shoot down
> the main road to palomino creek to head them off with a rocket
> launcher.... but no sooner than i start down the road it fails me for
> loosing them. Never mind I've been farther behind them than I was at
> that point with no loss of mission. So i've hit a desperation point. I
> either need A, a good solid working strategy here, B reference to a
> "complete current mission" cheat, or C a savegame passed this mission.
> All of the prev missions were cake, including that bike chase after OG's
> "boyfriend" This one mission has just about hacked me to the point of
> seeing if my PC can swim in the pool below my window.......

You have a pool below your window? I'd swap that for not being able to
complete a mission any day!
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:05:54 AM

Had trouble with this one for a while, then I decided to use some
lateral thinking.

As I'm maxed out on 2 wheels decided to go to the store on a sanchez,
dump the ATV and use the sanchez instead. It rocked, the cowboys were
dead in next to no time, the difference was amazin.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 2:46:27 PM

mustrum_ridcully wrote:

> Had trouble with this one for a while, then I decided to use some
> lateral thinking.
>
> As I'm maxed out on 2 wheels decided to go to the store on a sanchez,
> dump the ATV and use the sanchez instead. It rocked, the cowboys were
> dead in next to no time, the difference was amazin.

heh, good one, never thought about it. I did once jump that bridge and
both we and one of the cops fell off our vehicles, so i nailed the cop
and stole his bike. I've done it loads of times since and never think
about switching vehicles!
--
!