Graphics card with dual DVI out

Hi

Probably a stupid question (I'm good at those!) but...

I'm thinking of buying two 17" TFTs for my PC. I'll need a new graphics card
which supports 2 monitors. All the ones I can find seem for have one
analogue VGA port and one 'digital' DVI port. I plan to get TFTs with DVI
inputs so would like to run them both DVI rather than one DVI and one
VGA/analogue.

I realise that you can get 'dongles' to convert the DVI port to VGA d-type
(I guess the DVI socket has digital and analogue pins) but I am presuming
that the standard VGA dtype does not support digital.

Does this make any kind of sense....upshot is how do I run two TFTs via DVI
from one graphics card?

Thanks

Jonathan
Nottingham, UK

Jonathan E wrote:

> Hi
>
> Probably a stupid question (I'm good at those!) but...
>
> I'm thinking of buying two 17" TFTs for my PC. I'll need a new graphics
> card which supports 2 monitors. All the ones I can find seem for have one
> analogue VGA port and one 'digital' DVI port. I plan to get TFTs with DVI
> inputs so would like to run them both DVI rather than one DVI and one
> VGA/analogue.
>
> I realise that you can get 'dongles' to convert the DVI port to VGA d-type
> (I guess the DVI socket has digital and analogue pins) but I am presuming
> that the standard VGA dtype does not support digital.
>
> Does this make any kind of sense....upshot is how do I run two TFTs via
> DVI from one graphics card?

Answered on alt.comp.videocards.matrox. If you are going to post the same
message in many different newsgroups then cross post, do not multipost.
There are those who will tell you that crossposting where the post is on
topic for all groups to which it is posted is evil. Ignore them. The
ability to crosspost was implemented for a reason, and the reason was to
prevent duplication of effort while at the same time fostering
cross-fertilization of ideas. If you had cross-posted then everyone in the
newsgroups to which you had posted this question would know that you have
gotten one answer, would read that answer, and if they had anything to add
would add it, and you would just have to look in one place for the
and you don't really care what such people think anyway.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Jonathan,
Look up www.matrox.com they have range of cards that are ideal. I have the
P750 myself that is ideal for dual DVI output and can also run up to 3
monitors if required.