Samsung 712N LCD monitor drivers limit to 72 Hz refresh ra..

Jd

Anyone own a Samsung 712N LCD monitor? What drivers are you using (off the
web or Plug and Play monitor?) I notice when I used the drivers off the
web, it limits the refresh rate to 72 Hz. The plug and plug monitor drivers
limits to 75. The text quality is a little different for both, on the box
it says 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz. Currently using nVidia 52.16 video drivers on
WinXP.

I think I noticed the same thing with my sister's 172N monitor. Something
wrong with their drivers again?

"JD" <jos*RemoveThis*555@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone own a Samsung 712N LCD monitor? What drivers are you using (off
the
> web or Plug and Play monitor?) I notice when I used the drivers off the
> web, it limits the refresh rate to 72 Hz. The plug and plug monitor
drivers
> limits to 75. The text quality is a little different for both, on the
box
> it says 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz. Currently using nVidia 52.16 video drivers on
> WinXP.

Since it's an LCD, run it at whatever the manufacturer says
is the recommended timing (even if that's 60 Hz), and let it
go at that. There's no reason to be running an LCD faster
than the preferred timing, since flicker is not an issue. If
you can't determine the preferred rate in any other manner,
then simply stick with the timing that gives you the best
appearance (it might be 60, it might be 72, it might be 75)
and don't worry about it.

Bob M.