Question regarding Verzon cellphones, assistance appreciat..

Last response: in Network Providers
July 31, 2005 3:43:37 PM

My big sister who, like me, lives abroad, buys a ton of stuff off of
eBay. Anyway, since she has been spending alot more time recently back
in the states due to work, she figured it would be a good idea to
simply buy a phone off of ebay (CDMA, so she would be able to use it on
a local compatible network where she lives as well, and she's locked on
one of the camera phones that i think verison sells, A670 something,
not familiar with US models), that she could then adapt to a US network
and use while she's there. While i keep telling her to avoid this as i
am NOT trusting of things from eBay in general, she is adamant about
it.

What i want to know, is, on the chance that i'll be right (which i'm
guessing is high),and the phone she ends up buying does turn out to be
used/stolen (i hear that happens alot), is there any way she would be
able to use it nontheless? I'm not an expert, but could a phone that's
been "non-activated" (dunno if thats the term) be activated by a
different person alone or with help from a tech? or is it something
that the service supplier or whatever needs to reprogram or something
with one of those phone codes i keep hearing about (sorry for sounding
so lame, but i'm a complete n00b when it comes to cellphones)?
:confused:

Also, she would still need to get some sort of plan with a supplier
even if she brings her own phone to it, am i right on that????

Given that by myself, i've been unable to convince her that it sounds
like a really bad idea to me, any assistance, and opinions on the
likelyhood that this could happen, would be greatly appreciated... :)

--
Archangelus1
July 31, 2005 7:31:55 PM

Archangelus1 wrote:
> My big sister who, like me, lives abroad, buys a ton of stuff off of
> eBay. Anyway, since she has been spending alot more time recently back

I guess the bottom line is "will the phone my sister wants to purchase
off ebay work on Verizon (or any other network)
The answer is: maybe
If the phone:
Does not have an outstanding balance
Is not listed as lost/stolen
Already programmed into the Verizon database.
ie: already programmed with Verizon firmware.

My personal experiance with Verizon is that they WILL NOT activate a ESN
(cell phone serial number) that belonged to another network, in my case
Sprint. YMMV They gave me several reasons why not, most of them B.S.. In
my research to "repair" the ESN on my other phone I discovered that the
CDMA security involved several other numbers programmed into the phone.
Not impossible to change but impractical.
IF you (she) can get the ESN number off the phone and contact Verizon
yourself, DO NOT rely on the seller's word, and see if they will
activate it.

I have two paperweights, one a Ericsson T60 and the other a
Sprint(Qualcomm)SCP-7300

Most likely you will have to purchase a plan. They want your money and
will nickle and dime you to death.

Seumas

The above is free advice and should be considered worth as much as you
paid for it.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 9:47:55 PM

Archangelus1 wrote:
> My big sister .......

Most service plans require a one or two year committment. If your big
sis is not here for the full term of the service plan, she will be
wasting a lot paying fees for the time she isn't here. Have her
consider prepay. Tracfone, Beyond Wireless, CallPlus to name a few.

If she insists on a Verizon plan, the phones are subsidized when
starting a plan and are a lot cheaper than they can be found on eBay.
A Keyocera phone that I just got for $49 when I signed up for a new
plan went on eBay the other day for $152.

Lena
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 10:35:16 PM

Wrong... and wrong.

Verizon will most certainly WILL activate any compatible phone.
That they can get into and program.

On that Sprint phone - did you have the sub lock??
If not, Verizon couldn't program it. (Sprint locked it)
How in hell is that Verizon's fault?

On that T60 - isn't that a GSM phone? You know that Verizon is
CDMA don't you. The phone wouldn't work on their network.

So far, you're two for two...

"Seumas Elphen" <Die-spammer.scum.dog@here.com> wrote in message
> My personal experiance with Verizon is that they WILL NOT activate a ESN
> (cell phone serial number) that belonged to another network, in my case
> Sprint. YMMV They gave me several reasons why not, most of them B.S.. In
> my research to "repair" the ESN on my other phone I discovered that the
> CDMA security involved several other numbers programmed into the phone.
> Not impossible to change but impractical.
> IF you (she) can get the ESN number off the phone and contact Verizon
> yourself, DO NOT rely on the seller's word, and see if they will activate
> it.
>
> I have two paperweights, one a Ericsson T60 and the other a
> Sprint(Qualcomm)SCP-7300

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 10:55:08 PM

Richard Ness wrote:
> Wrong... and wrong.
>
> Verizon will most certainly WILL activate any compatible phone.
> That they can get into and program.

Well, wait. The other issue is that Verizon doesn't have firmware for the
Sanyo, nor does any other US CDMA carrier besides Sprint. Sprint sells
Sanyos *exclusively* in this country.

ISTR Verizon not wanting to activate phones that they don't at least have
firmware for.

>>I have two paperweights, one a Ericsson T60 and the other a
>>Sprint(Qualcomm)SCP-7300

No, the SCP isn't a Qualcomm, Qualcomm's old phone model numbers started
with QCP. SCP is always Sanyo.

And I guarantee the Ericsson T60 won't run on Verizon at all, as it's not a
CDMA phone. It's a TDMA phone, and TDMA phones aren't compatible with
Verizon's CDMA network. Verizon couldn't get a T60 to run on their network
even if they wanted to.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 3:01:42 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Richard Ness wrote:
>
>> Wrong... and wrong.
>>
>> Verizon will most certainly WILL activate any compatible phone.
>> That they can get into and program.
>

> Well, wait. The other issue is that Verizon doesn't have firmware for
> the Sanyo, nor does any other US CDMA carrier besides Sprint. Sprint
> sells Sanyos *exclusively* in this country.
>
> ISTR Verizon not wanting to activate phones that they don't at least
> have firmware for.
>
>>> I have two paperweights, one a Ericsson T60 and the other a
>>> Sprint(Qualcomm)SCP-7300
>

> No, the SCP isn't a Qualcomm, Qualcomm's old phone model numbers started
> with QCP. SCP is always Sanyo.
>
> And I guarantee the Ericsson T60 won't run on Verizon at all, as it's
> not a CDMA phone. It's a TDMA phone, and TDMA phones aren't compatible
> with Verizon's CDMA network. Verizon couldn't get a T60 to run on their
> network even if they wanted to.

You are correct, the T60 was from an older contract with Cingular. I
never tried to get Verizon to activate it 'cause I _knew_ it would not
work. Never said I tried. :)
The SCP7300 has a Qualcomm number of QCT-7000, it was even remarketed
by Kyocera for awhile. I did a lot of research whilst trying to "repair"
this phone. I've been told that Kyocera has purchased Qualcomm, but have
seen nothing to back that up yet.
I reset the Service programing code in the SCP7300 to the VZW standard
of all zeros and spoke to every CS person I could talk to, and the tech
at the local store with no luck. Even threating to cancel all my
contracts moved them not one inch.
The firmware IS the issue. In the firmware are a_key ssd_a ssd_b keys.
these keys authenicate the phone to the CDMA network. Not just the ESN.
There are many whitepapers on the subject on the 'net to be read.

But my trials, tribulations, and musings just detracts from the orignal
question.

Thus my suggestion to the person wanting advice still stands. Check
with VZW (or whatever carrier) BEFORE you purchase a phone from a third
party. Make sure that VZW will activate it. The key word here is
compatable (a phone they can program). I've read that some travelers use
a sim-card type phone. That way they can change phone/networks as they
travel and keep their data. YMMV

Seumas
The above is free advice and should be considered worth as much as you
paid for it. No refunds.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 3:01:43 PM

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:01:42 -0500, Seumas Elphen
<Die-spammer.scum.dog@here.com> wrote:

.. I've been told that Kyocera has purchased Qualcomm, but have
>seen nothing to back that up yet.

Kyocera took over Qualcomm's cellular phone entity several years ago.

Pegleg
U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our Troops

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 3:01:43 PM

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:01:42 -0500, Seumas Elphen
<Die-spammer.scum.dog@here.com> wrote:
I've been told that Kyocera has purchased Qualcomm, but have
>seen nothing to back that up yet.

See below:

Press Releases
12/22/99
QUALCOMM and KYOCERA Sign Agreement for Terrestrial CDMA Phone
Business

SAN DIEGO - December 22, 1999 - QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM)
and Kyocera Corporation (NYSE: KYO) today announced at 1:30 p.m. (PST)
that they have reached a definitive agreement which will result in a
newly formed unit of Kyocera acquiring QUALCOMM's terrestrial-based
wireless Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) consumer phone business,
including its phone inventory, manufacturing equipment and customer
commitments. Under this agreement, Kyocera has agreed to purchase a
majority of its CDMA chipsets and system software from QUALCOMM for a
period of five years. Kyocera will continue its existing
royalty-bearing CDMA license agreement with QUALCOMM. The transaction
is expected to close by the end of February 2000. The financial terms
of the agreement, which is subject to regulatory approval and other
customary closing conditions, were not disclosed.

Pegleg
U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our Troops

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:54:49 PM

Seumas Elphen wrote: > Thus my suggestion to the person wanting advice still stands. Check
> with VZW (or whatever carrier) BEFORE you purchase a phone from a third
> party. Make sure that VZW will activate it. The key word here is
> compatable (a phone they can program). I've read that some travelers
> use a sim-card type phone. That way they can change phone/networks as
> they travel and keep their data. YMMV

You're kinda missing the point of my question. I'm not asking about an
issue of phone/network compatability (and i now know the phone she
wants to buy IS supported by verizon, its called the CDMA SHG-A670 i
think), what i want to know is if there is anything that can be done
should it turn out to be marked as used/lost/stolen by the service
provider after she buys it (which i keep reading happens alot when
buying phones from eBay)...

As for the GSM SIM-card phones, apparently that isn't an option, at
least one of the two networks she normally uses when in Germany &
Israel supports CDMA only and she won't/can't switch to another network
(i'm betting on it being the Israeli one, i lived in that god-forsaken
nightmare excuse of a country long enough to know how messed up the
local cellphone service providers are)...

--
Archangelus1
August 1, 2005 6:11:04 PM

Seumas Elphen wrote:

> The SCP7300 has a Qualcomm number of QCT-7000, it was even remarketed
> by Kyocera for awhile. I did a lot of research whilst trying to "repair"
> this phone. I've been told that Kyocera has purchased Qualcomm, but have
> seen nothing to back that up yet.

No, Kyocera purchased Qualcomm's handset business so Qualcomm could
concentrate on making buttloads of money licensing CDMA and marketing
cellular chipsets.

> I reset the Service programing code in the SCP7300 to the VZW standard
> of all zeros and spoke to every CS person I could talk to, and the tech
> at the local store with no luck. Even threating to cancel all my
> contracts moved them not one inch.
> The firmware IS the issue. In the firmware are a_key ssd_a ssd_b keys.
> these keys authenicate the phone to the CDMA network. Not just the ESN.
> There are many whitepapers on the subject on the 'net to be read.
>
> But my trials, tribulations, and musings just detracts from the orignal
> question.

Well, I think the original question has been answered. *I've activated other
carriers' phones on Verizon before.* But due to firmware issues, the
likelihood that any Sanyo will ever be activated by VZW is, in my opinion,
unlikely. Really, the only point that needs to be made is the one you've
already made,

> Check
> with VZW (or whatever carrier) BEFORE you purchase a phone from a third
> party. Make sure that VZW will activate it. The key word here is
> compatable (a phone they can program). I've read that some travelers use
> a sim-card type phone. That way they can change phone/networks as they
> travel and keep their data. YMMV

and the details are just that, details. :)  BTW, CDMA phones don't use SIM
cards. GSM phones do.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 6:14:59 PM

Archangelus1 wrote:
> Seumas Elphen wrote: > Thus my suggestion to the person wanting advice still stands. Check
>
>>with VZW (or whatever carrier) BEFORE you purchase a phone from a third
>>party. Make sure that VZW will activate it. The key word here is
>>compatable (a phone they can program). I've read that some travelers
>>use a sim-card type phone. That way they can change phone/networks as
>>they travel and keep their data. YMMV
>

> You're kinda missing the point of my question. I'm not asking about an
> issue of phone/network compatability (and i now know the phone she
> wants to buy IS supported by verizon, its called the CDMA SHG-A670 i
> think), what i want to know is if there is anything that can be done
> should it turn out to be marked as used/lost/stolen by the service
> provider after she buys it (which i keep reading happens alot when
> buying phones from eBay)...

Ah. Yes, the A670 will work on Verizon -- Verizon sells their own version of
the phone -- but there are some features that won't work (in particular, the
downloadable apps GetItNow uses are written using a different programming
language and different technology than the ones Sprint PCS Vision uses, so
you won't be able to download VZW apps to your Sprint phone). On the point
of ESNs, I did have a situation, once, where I ended up with a Sprint phone
that had been reported stolen. I was lucky. I was able to contact the
original owner of the phone, since they were using the same phone number and
had simply gotten an insurance replacement. They called and authorized
Sprint to release the ESN, after which I could activate it. But it is by no
means guaranteed that this will work for everyone. Check the ESN first, with
Sprint (or whoever the original carrier is).

> As for the GSM SIM-card phones, apparently that isn't an option

Not with Verizon.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
August 2, 2005 1:20:19 AM

Steve Sobol wrote on [Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:14:59 -0700]:
> Archangelus1 wrote:
>> Seumas Elphen wrote: > Thus my suggestion to the person wanting advice still stands. Check
>>
>>>with VZW (or whatever carrier) BEFORE you purchase a phone from a third
>>>party. Make sure that VZW will activate it. The key word here is
>>>compatable (a phone they can program). I've read that some travelers
>>>use a sim-card type phone. That way they can change phone/networks as
>>>they travel and keep their data. YMMV
>>

>> You're kinda missing the point of my question. I'm not asking about an
>> issue of phone/network compatability (and i now know the phone she
>> wants to buy IS supported by verizon, its called the CDMA SHG-A670 i
>> think), what i want to know is if there is anything that can be done
>> should it turn out to be marked as used/lost/stolen by the service
>> provider after she buys it (which i keep reading happens alot when
>> buying phones from eBay)...
>
> Ah. Yes, the A670 will work on Verizon -- Verizon sells their own version of
> the phone -- but there are some features that won't work (in particular, the
> downloadable apps GetItNow uses are written using a different programming
> language and different technology than the ones Sprint PCS Vision uses, so
> you won't be able to download VZW apps to your Sprint phone). On the point

Are there any actually useful get it now apps?

> of ESNs, I did have a situation, once, where I ended up with a Sprint phone
> that had been reported stolen. I was lucky. I was able to contact the
> original owner of the phone, since they were using the same phone number and
> had simply gotten an insurance replacement. They called and authorized
> Sprint to release the ESN, after which I could activate it. But it is by no

Hmmm, does that mean you bought the phone from someone who stole it?
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:20:20 AM

Justin wrote:

>>of ESNs, I did have a situation, once, where I ended up with a Sprint phone
>>that had been reported stolen. I was lucky. I was able to contact the
>>original owner of the phone, since they were using the same phone number and
>>had simply gotten an insurance replacement. They called and authorized
>>Sprint to release the ESN, after which I could activate it. But it is by no
>
> Hmmm, does that mean you bought the phone from someone who stole it?

Well, the buyer said it was lost and he picked it up. :)

But there was a manual and the original box. How often do you *find* a phone
with that stuff?

The original owner told me he reported it stolen to the police, so I should
probably follow up with them. Maybe they can nail the guy, who was a bit of
an ass when I complained about the ESN not being activatable.

It boils down to the fact that an eBay auction went down to the wire, it was
a phone model I really wanted - to replace a broken phone, I needed a
working phone, and I didn't take my own advice to check the ESN before bidding.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 2:28:57 PM

> On the point of ESNs ... and authorized Sprint to release the ESN,
> after which I could activate it. But it is by no means guaranteed that
> this will work for everyone. Check the ESN first, with Sprint (or
> whoever the original carrier is).

Ok, dude, what the hell is an ESN (cellular-illiterate here,
remember?)???? :confused:
And isn't that something that can be modified or changed (seem to
remember reading something about that, or is it something called
IMIE)???? :confused:

--
Archangelus1
August 2, 2005 2:37:45 PM

Archangelus1 wrote:
>> On the point of ESNs ... and authorized Sprint to release the ESN,
>>after which I could activate it. But it is by no means guaranteed that
>>this will work for everyone. Check the ESN first, with Sprint (or
>>whoever the original carrier is).
>

> Ok, dude, what the hell is an ESN (cellular-illiterate here,
> remember?)???? :confused:

Sorry. Electronic Serial Number. It's hard-coded into the phone's programming.

> And isn't that something that can be modified or changed (seem to
> remember reading something about that, or is it something called
> IMIE)???? :confused:

Not legally. And an IMEI isn't used by the type of phone Verizon Wireless
and Sprint use. The ESN is the unique identifier for any given CDMA phone -
CDMA is the type of digital cellular technology used by VZW and Sprint.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:39:12 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Archangelus1 wrote:
>
>>> On the point of ESNs ... and authorized Sprint to release the ESN,
>>> after which I could activate it. But it is by no means guaranteed that
>>> this will work for everyone. Check the ESN first, with Sprint (or
>>> whoever the original carrier is).
>>

>> Ok, dude, what the hell is an ESN (cellular-illiterate here,
>> remember?)???? :confused:
>

> Sorry. Electronic Serial Number. It's hard-coded into the phone's
> programming.
>
>> And isn't that something that can be modified or changed (seem to
>> remember reading something about that, or is it something called
>> IMIE)???? :confused:
>

> Not legally. And an IMEI isn't used by the type of phone Verizon
> Wireless and Sprint use. The ESN is the unique identifier for any given
> CDMA phone - CDMA is the type of digital cellular technology used by VZW
> and Sprint.

You can find the ESN number (generally) under the battery of the phone,
it may be in hexadecimal. Changing this number is possible with the
correct flash software and cable. It is _illegal_ to do so. But with
some networks just "repairing" the esn would not create a clone. As I've
indicated before there are other keys that would need "repairing".
(Thus my Sanyo is a paperweight, stuck between two providers) There are
folks that charge for the service but its cheaper to purchase another phone.

I don't know what to do if someone purchased a third party phone that
came up lost/stolen. You would have to take it up with the person who
sold it to you and/or report it to EBay/Paypal if you purchased it
through them. I think you might have a paperweight though. Buyer Beware!

If someone is doing a lot of traveling, they might look at a Sat-phone.
The prices on them have come down a lot but the minute to minute price
is still a bit high. Just a suggestion. Although the popular media would
have you believe that the Homeland Security droggies are monitoring
sat-phone traffic.

Seumas
--

The above advice is free of charge and should be considered worth as
much as you paid for it. No refunds

Please post replies in a polite manner. If you are rude and insulting,
I'll drop your username in the gulag and I'll never see another post
from you again.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:39:13 PM

Seumas Elphen wrote:

> You can find the ESN number (generally) under the battery of the phone,
> it may be in hexadecimal. Changing this number is possible with the
> correct flash software and cable. It is _illegal_ to do so. But with
> some networks just "repairing" the esn would not create a clone.

There is no "repairing" the ESN. It's not "broken." It's a valid ESN, but if
it's listed in the carrier's database as being stolen or lost, you may or
may not be able to resolve the issue.

>As I've
> indicated before there are other keys that would need "repairing".
> (Thus my Sanyo is a paperweight, stuck between two providers) There are
> folks that charge for the service but its cheaper to purchase another
> phone.

Y'know, perhaps, just perhaps, you should have done your homework before
buying the phone. I would never have bought a Sprint phone when I used
Verizon, because I knew Sprint subsidy-locks their phones.

> I don't know what to do if someone purchased a third party phone that
> came up lost/stolen. You would have to take it up with the person who
> sold it to you and/or report it to EBay/Paypal if you purchased it
> through them. I think you might have a paperweight though. Buyer Beware!

There may be a resolution for that. Again, with Sprint, IF you can get in
touch with the original owner and IF they're willing to call Sprint and let
Sprint know that they want to release the ESN from the blacklist, great!
Those are pretty big 'ifs', though.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:38:03 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:

> There is no "repairing" the ESN. It's not "broken." It's a valid ESN,
> but if it's listed in the carrier's database as being stolen or lost,
> you may or may not be able to resolve the issue.
>
> Y'know, perhaps, just perhaps, you should have done your homework before
> buying the phone. I would never have bought a Sprint phone when I used
> Verizon, because I knew Sprint subsidy-locks their phones.
>
> There may be a resolution for that. Again, with Sprint, IF you can get
> in touch with the original owner and IF they're willing to call Sprint
> and let Sprint know that they want to release the ESN from the
> blacklist, great! Those are pretty big 'ifs', though.

I purchased my Sprint phone with a Sprint contract. I did my research
before I bought, and I like the phone. I had no problem with Sprint
(although VZW coverage area seems to be better). Unfortunately, life
interjects and eight months later I had to cancel the contract and
switch to VZW. Cost? $170. In the long run it has saved me money. I was
a bit cheesed off when VZW refused to let me use it on their network.
After a bit of research and some fiddling with the phone, I found out
why. If they would have explained it to me fully _why_ it would not work
at the start, it would have saved me a lot of aggravation. But, I got
stuck with a wimpier phone until I find something VZW carries that I
like. The VX3200 is not a bad phone, I just need something a bit more
sturdier and able to take some abuse. The rubber edges on the 7300 saved
it from getting broken the first day I had it. I have watch what I do
with the VX3200.

The flip side of this is that now I know how to unlock most phones.
woohoo! And have a good understanding of CDMA networks and
carrier/handset authentication. That and a $1.50 may buy me a cup of
coffee. Doh!

I've only purchased one item off ebay (not a cell phone). The seller
freely stated that they did not know if it worked or not. But I got the
part I wanted off of it and the seller got a good price for it and we
were both happy.
Caveat emptor!

Anyway, that's my little sob story, the violins can stop playing now...

Seumas
--

The above advice is free of charge and should be considered worth as
much as you paid for it. No refunds

Please post replies in a polite manner. If you are rude and insulting,
I'll drop your username in the gulag and I'll never see another post
from you again.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:38:04 PM

Seumas Elphen wrote:

> I purchased my Sprint phone with a Sprint contract. I did my research
> before I bought, and I like the phone. I had no problem with Sprint
> (although VZW coverage area seems to be better). Unfortunately, life
> interjects and eight months later I had to cancel the contract and
> switch to VZW. Cost? $170.

OK, I misunderstood. So why not just sell the phone on eBay? If it's a
relatively new model you can get enough money for it to at least cover the
subsidized price of a decent VZW phone.

> The flip side of this is that now I know how to unlock most phones.
> woohoo! And have a good understanding of CDMA networks and
> carrier/handset authentication. That and a $1.50 may buy me a cup of
> coffee. Doh!

You already know more than Joe Average Cellular Customer, but unless you
have the master subsidy lock code, you won't be able to use that phone on
VZW. But what I tried to tell you earlier is that because they don't sell
Sanyos and don't have firmware for a 7300, they may not activate it anyhow
because it's not a phone they're equipped to offer support for.

I'd strongly suggest selling the 7300 on eBay, or having a trusted friend
sell it for you.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:33:34 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:
> I'd strongly suggest selling the 7300 on eBay, or having a trusted
> friend sell it for you.

Too late! I've dinked with it far too much to sell to anybody. Its stuck
somewhere between Sprint and VZW. It's a paperweight for now.
The master subsidy lock code was not that difficult to get. It is kept
in the Nam unencripted and readable by anyone with the proper instructions.

Seumas
--

!