Video Driver for Dell Latitude CP 650

I'm in the process of resurrecting a Latitude cp 650. Windows 98 is
loaded and working. The graphics card is a Neomagic Magic Graphics
128xd. The problem is that largest screen resolution I can get is 640
X 480 in 16 colors which doesn't max the potential of the monitor.
I've tried intsalling several other drivers for this card but windows
keeps telling me that MONITOR.INF is the best driver for the device.
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Mark, a "Neomagic Magic Graphics" card sounds like dell bought it off
some guy in hong kong and shoved it into there system. I don't think
your going to be getting any higher a resolution with that card. Now
a day's you can get a good GeForce 2 MX card for around $45-50 ,
cheaper if you get it off of ebay. I currently use this card over an
ati 9700 pro because of the S H I T T Y ATi drivers.

[EDIT] Language filter [/EDIT]

==============

Have you visited support.dell.com? You don't need to register to download
drivers.

I'd offer you a link, but I wasn't able to guess what model a "Latitude CP
650" might really be. (I'm not familiar with Dell notebooks.) Here's one
link (may wrap):

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PNT_CP&os=W98&osl=en&deviceid=145&devlib=6&category=6&releaseid=R9372

Being stuck at 640X480 and 16 colors generally means that the graphics
adapter driver isn't correctly installed. (MONITOR.INF is the monitor
"driver" - really just a monitor description file.) I suggest that you
download the proper graphics driver and try it. You may want to uninstall
the current graphics driver, although don't bother if the machine is already
using generic VGA drivers.

Good luck.

Bob Knowlden