How can I do OG's Life A Beach?

having trouble
12 answers Last reply
More about life beach

    "EmJayEm" <wasteof@spam.cn> wrote in message
    news:q80se.27552$Vj3.11608@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > having trouble

    Good rhythm. When you're hitting the button at the right time the flash
    where it tells you the button to press is brighter, use that as a visual key
    of when to press the buttons if you rhythm is off. There is a dance club
    practice at if need be. From Carl's house go west until the road curves
    follow to the t intersection. Make a right there and then make the second
    right. The dance club is the big white building on the right.

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:00:49 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

    >Curious PS2 guy here. What keys do you PC guys have to use? I'm guessing
    >you have an edge, since you're already thoroughly familiar with a computer
    >keyboard.

    They have wierd controls that aren't explained ingame. For the earlier
    car "dancing" mission, you had to use the numpad as a cursor pad, then
    for Life's a Beach you get to use WASD.

    EmJayEm wrote:

    > having trouble

    I'm trying to recall if the disco is open. I think it should be, it's
    a little grey circle on the map, not too far from your safe house and
    the train station. Pop in there and practice your moves. You won't
    lose anything and it'll get you used to the buttons, which should be
    exactly the same AND it uses the same tune at first so you can even
    get used to the rhythm
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    > A much better improvement would have been with the Police AI, whereby
    > if you drove on the pavement (sidewalk) or hurtled past at some
    > ridiculous speed, you're more likely to get a wanted level than if
    > they just pulled out in front of you without signalling and you hit
    > them.,

    I strongly disagree. There's realism, and there's gameplay. Realism is
    neat, unless it seriously injures gameplay. This would, IMHO, since it
    would be very frustrating to wait on cars before a red light instead
    of using the sidewalks everytime you have to get from A to B (which is
    almost all the time). Same goes for speeding.

    I hope the next GTA will allow you to do more with buildings. E.g.
    instead of just being textures slammed on an impenetrable block,
    they'd be buildings that can be damaged, entered, maybe even torn
    down.

    Bram
    --
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Bram" <dont@mailme.invalid> wrote in message
    >> A much better improvement would have been with the Police AI, whereby
    >> if you drove on the pavement (sidewalk) or hurtled past at some
    >> ridiculous speed, you're more likely to get a wanted level than if
    >> they just pulled out in front of you without signalling and you hit
    >> them.,
    >>
    > I strongly disagree. There's realism, and there's gameplay. Realism is
    > neat, unless it seriously injures gameplay. This would, IMHO, since it
    > would be very frustrating to wait on cars before a red light instead
    > of using the sidewalks everytime you have to get from A to B (which is
    > almost all the time). Same goes for speeding.
    >
    > I hope the next GTA will allow you to do more with buildings. E.g.
    > instead of just being textures slammed on an impenetrable block,
    > they'd be buildings that can be damaged, entered, maybe even torn
    > down.
    >
    > Bram
    > --
    > You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

    Yeah. I second this. (Both paragraphs.)

    CJ doesn't have TIME to obey traffic laws. Since it's a game, that's cool.

    --cleve
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > having trouble

    Thats one of the easiest missions mate :)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Dopedog" <dopedogDELETETHIS@privat.dk> wrote in message
    >> having trouble
    >
    > Thats one of the easiest missions mate :)

    He probably doesn't know to use the WASD and only pay attention to the
    arrows and getting hitting the right one inside of the circle. Don't pay
    attention to the music, score or anything else, focus on the circle and
    hitting the right direction key of W A S or D for up down left and right.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > He probably doesn't know to use the WASD and only pay attention to the
    > arrows and getting hitting the right one inside of the circle. Don't pay
    > attention to the music, score or anything else, focus on the circle and
    > hitting the right direction key of W A S or D for up down left and right.

    Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
    the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
    the latter would be even easier.

    I normally play with the controller by the way. I noticed that the dance
    mission was a lot harder with the controller. Apparently the travel of
    the analogue stick imposes more of a delay than a regular keypress,
    making the timing just off on every occasion. So you have to be a little
    earlier.. I switched to the keyboard arrow keys and got a really
    high score (much more than was required). Too bad this doesn't work on
    the OG Loc mission though, because that requires a numpad which my
    laptop doesn't have.

    Bram
    until you hear them speak.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    >> He probably doesn't know to use the WASD and only pay attention to the
    >> arrows and getting hitting the right one inside of the circle. Don't pay
    >> attention to the music, score or anything else, focus on the circle and
    >> hitting the right direction key of W A S or D for up down left and
    >> right.
    >>
    > Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
    > the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
    > the latter would be even easier.

    The arrow keys don't work for that. Only WASD, it's odd because for the
    bouncing car, you have to use the numpad
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > > Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
    > > the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
    > > the latter would be even easier.
    >
    > The arrow keys don't work for that. Only WASD, it's odd because for the
    > bouncing car, you have to use the numpad

    That's not true, since I used those for this mission. Didn't change the
    default keybindings either.. I'm not sure whether I set controls to
    mouse+keyboard or controller at that point though.

    Bram
    until you hear them speak.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On 17 Jun 2005 14:57:17 GMT, Bram <dont@mailme.invalid> wrote:

    >> > Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
    >> > the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
    >> > the latter would be even easier.
    >>
    >> The arrow keys don't work for that. Only WASD, it's odd because for the
    >> bouncing car, you have to use the numpad
    >>
    >That's not true, since I used those for this mission.

    Me too. The arrow keys on a standard keyboard below the
    Insert-Home-PageUp Etc. cluster work for dancing.

    Steve

    --
    www.thepaxamsolution.com
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Bram <dont@mailme.invalid> writes:

    > Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
    > the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
    > the latter would be even easier.

    I don't see how? You don't really have time to check what markings
    your keys have during these dance things I think. Anyway, many PC
    players probably have played a few FPS games and so WASD keys are
    pretty much reflex.

    > Too bad this doesn't work on the OG Loc mission though, because that
    > requires a numpad which my laptop doesn't have.

    It's remappable, I used IJKL for that, since my small keyboard doesn't
    have a numpad and arrow keys aren't directly accessible either.

Games Video Games