Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How can I do OG's Life A Beach?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:24:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

having trouble

More about : life beach

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:24:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"EmJayEm" <wasteof@spam.cn> wrote in message
news:q80se.27552$Vj3.11608@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> having trouble

Good rhythm. When you're hitting the button at the right time the flash
where it tells you the button to press is brighter, use that as a visual key
of when to press the buttons if you rhythm is off. There is a dance club
practice at if need be. From Carl's house go west until the road curves
follow to the t intersection. Make a right there and then make the second
right. The dance club is the big white building on the right.
June 16, 2005 2:31:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:00:49 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>Curious PS2 guy here. What keys do you PC guys have to use? I'm guessing
>you have an edge, since you're already thoroughly familiar with a computer
>keyboard.

They have wierd controls that aren't explained ingame. For the earlier
car "dancing" mission, you had to use the numpad as a cursor pad, then
for Life's a Beach you get to use WASD.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Related resources
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:31:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

EmJayEm wrote:
>
> having trouble

I'm trying to recall if the disco is open. I think it should be, it's
a little grey circle on the map, not too far from your safe house and
the train station. Pop in there and practice your moves. You won't
lose anything and it'll get you used to the buttons, which should be
exactly the same AND it uses the same tune at first so you can even
get used to the rhythm
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:43:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

> A much better improvement would have been with the Police AI, whereby
> if you drove on the pavement (sidewalk) or hurtled past at some
> ridiculous speed, you're more likely to get a wanted level than if
> they just pulled out in front of you without signalling and you hit
> them.,
>
I strongly disagree. There's realism, and there's gameplay. Realism is
neat, unless it seriously injures gameplay. This would, IMHO, since it
would be very frustrating to wait on cars before a red light instead
of using the sidewalks everytime you have to get from A to B (which is
almost all the time). Same goes for speeding.

I hope the next GTA will allow you to do more with buildings. E.g.
instead of just being textures slammed on an impenetrable block,
they'd be buildings that can be damaged, entered, maybe even torn
down.

Bram
--
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:43:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Bram" <dont@mailme.invalid> wrote in message
news:1118907409@dont.mailme.invalid...
>> A much better improvement would have been with the Police AI, whereby
>> if you drove on the pavement (sidewalk) or hurtled past at some
>> ridiculous speed, you're more likely to get a wanted level than if
>> they just pulled out in front of you without signalling and you hit
>> them.,
>>
> I strongly disagree. There's realism, and there's gameplay. Realism is
> neat, unless it seriously injures gameplay. This would, IMHO, since it
> would be very frustrating to wait on cars before a red light instead
> of using the sidewalks everytime you have to get from A to B (which is
> almost all the time). Same goes for speeding.
>
> I hope the next GTA will allow you to do more with buildings. E.g.
> instead of just being textures slammed on an impenetrable block,
> they'd be buildings that can be damaged, entered, maybe even torn
> down.
>
> Bram
> --
> You can't have everything. Where would you put it?


Yeah. I second this. (Both paragraphs.)

CJ doesn't have TIME to obey traffic laws. Since it's a game, that's cool.

--cleve
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 6:06:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

> having trouble

Thats one of the easiest missions mate :) 
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 11:47:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Dopedog" <dopedogDELETETHIS@privat.dk> wrote in message
news:42b16b38$0$187$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
>> having trouble
>
> Thats one of the easiest missions mate :) 
>

He probably doesn't know to use the WASD and only pay attention to the
arrows and getting hitting the right one inside of the circle. Don't pay
attention to the music, score or anything else, focus on the circle and
hitting the right direction key of W A S or D for up down left and right.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:35:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

> He probably doesn't know to use the WASD and only pay attention to the
> arrows and getting hitting the right one inside of the circle. Don't pay
> attention to the music, score or anything else, focus on the circle and
> hitting the right direction key of W A S or D for up down left and right.
>
Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
the latter would be even easier.

I normally play with the controller by the way. I noticed that the dance
mission was a lot harder with the controller. Apparently the travel of
the analogue stick imposes more of a delay than a regular keypress,
making the timing just off on every occasion. So you have to be a little
earlier.. I switched to the keyboard arrow keys and got a really
high score (much more than was required). Too bad this doesn't work on
the OG Loc mission though, because that requires a numpad which my
laptop doesn't have.

Bram
--
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:22:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Bram" <dont@mailme.invalid> wrote in message
news:1118995972@dont.mailme.invalid...
>> He probably doesn't know to use the WASD and only pay attention to the
>> arrows and getting hitting the right one inside of the circle. Don't pay
>> attention to the music, score or anything else, focus on the circle and
>> hitting the right direction key of W A S or D for up down left and
>> right.
>>
> Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
> the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
> the latter would be even easier.

The arrow keys don't work for that. Only WASD, it's odd because for the
bouncing car, you have to use the numpad
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:57:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

> > Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
> > the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
> > the latter would be even easier.
>
> The arrow keys don't work for that. Only WASD, it's odd because for the
> bouncing car, you have to use the numpad
>
That's not true, since I used those for this mission. Didn't change the
default keybindings either.. I'm not sure whether I set controls to
mouse+keyboard or controller at that point though.

Bram
--
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:57:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

On 17 Jun 2005 14:57:17 GMT, Bram <dont@mailme.invalid> wrote:

>> > Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
>> > the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
>> > the latter would be even easier.
>>
>> The arrow keys don't work for that. Only WASD, it's odd because for the
>> bouncing car, you have to use the numpad
>>
>That's not true, since I used those for this mission.

Me too. The arrow keys on a standard keyboard below the
Insert-Home-PageUp Etc. cluster work for dancing.

Steve

--
www.thepaxamsolution.com
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 12:33:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Bram <dont@mailme.invalid> writes:

> Why would you do W,A,S,D when you have arrow keys on the keyboard with
> the actual arrows on them? Just wondering, because it seems to me that
> the latter would be even easier.

I don't see how? You don't really have time to check what markings
your keys have during these dance things I think. Anyway, many PC
players probably have played a few FPS games and so WASD keys are
pretty much reflex.

> Too bad this doesn't work on the OG Loc mission though, because that
> requires a numpad which my laptop doesn't have.

It's remappable, I used IJKL for that, since my small keyboard doesn't
have a numpad and arrow keys aren't directly accessible either.
!