$.10 to receive txt message

Starting soon - tomorrow, I think - cost to receive txt msg goes from
..02 to .10. (minor price increase)

<zwerl1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Starting soon - tomorrow, I think - cost to receive txt msg goes from
> .02 to .10. (minor price increase)

A 500% increase in the price of anything is hardly a "minor" increase!

<zwerl1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Starting soon - tomorrow, I think - cost to receive txt msg goes from
> .02 to .10. (minor price increase)

500% increse us minor? You must be a liberal Democrat;-)

Expert Witness wrote:
> <zwerl1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Starting soon - tomorrow, I think - cost to receive txt msg goes from
>>.02 to .10. (minor price increase)
>>

> 500% increse us minor? You must be a liberal Democrat;-)

It's definitely a significant increase. But then, some carriers have always
been 10c/msg to send OR receive.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

In article <saudnbOGmr7a7HDfRVn-rQ@comcast.com>,
"Expert Witness" <x@nospamcourt> wrote:

> > Starting soon - tomorrow, I think - cost to receive txt msg goes
> > from .02 to .10. (minor price increase)
> >

> 500% increse us minor? You must be a liberal Democrat;-)

No, he must be a right-wing Republican. Liberal Democrats would think
that a 10% increase is excessive.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

No they wouldn't. They would want to add a tax to the .10 increase!

8675309 wrote:
> No they wouldn't. They would want to add a tax to the .10 increase!

But they wouldn't be as annoying as some people who post to
alt.cellular.verizon and attempt to turn a thread about text messages into a
political mud-slinging jabfest. ;)

**SJS (ok, I'll be going now, where's my coat...)

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

bg

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 00:56:14 -0400, "8675309" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>No they wouldn't. They would want to add a tax to the .10 increase!

And they would start a war against VZW and send 50 y/o week-end warriors
there to fight it.

>"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>> 500% increse us minor? You must be a liberal Democrat;-)
>>
>> No, he must be a right-wing Republican. Liberal Democrats would think
>> that a 10% increase is excessive.
>>
>> --
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

You got me there! I couldn't help myself. When I see Bush bashing I can't
resist. Sorry.

"bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 00:56:14 -0400, "8675309" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>No they wouldn't. They would want to add a tax to the .10 increase!
>>

> And they would start a war against VZW and send 50 y/o week-end warriors
> there to fight it.
>

>>"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>> No, he must be a right-wing Republican. Liberal Democrats would think
>>> that a 10% increase is excessive.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

Someone at VZW figured out it costs the same resources to send vs to
receive. They aren't different than anyone else: create a demand, raise the
price. Buy a "package" and save money (save the price increase). If you
don't like it: speak with your pocket book, cancel txt message use. Then
they will come back with some of plan to increase demand again...

Of course it was nice of them to send a free txt msg to your phone so you
knew about it the change :)

It wasn't all that long ago that it was "mandatory" for every agent to push
data. I guess it worked, and now they would like to make more margin. dr.
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)