Radeon 9800 Pro vs Pro EZ

I believe the difference between these cards is a 128-bit memory bus (Pro
EZ) vs 256-bit (Pro). How much of an impact does this have in actual gaming?
Have any benchmarks been posted?

"Kevin C." <nomail@fake.com> writes:

> I believe the difference between these cards is a 128-bit memory bus (Pro
> EZ) vs 256-bit (Pro). How much of an impact does this have in actual gaming?
> Have any benchmarks been posted?

First, any Radeon 9800 that has 128bit memory bus can not be called
Pro. I believe Sapphire has tried this with their Atlantis card and
they lost a class action suit (or something like that). If they cheat
you on that, they are probably also cheating on memory speed and GPU
speed. Just stay away from anything with strange names like EZ or SE.
It's a rip-off.

And how much slower can it be? It depends on many factors, including
the other unknown hardware card parameters, and on the game
resolution. Usually nobody bothers to test this strange cards, but I
would guess in the worst case scenario it could be twice slower than
the original 9800 pro. My advice - avoid.

Marcin