New graphic cards fror barebone : how to avoid power short..

Hi,
Here my first post.
I've got a barebone pc (Biostar IDEQ 200N) and as I want to play new
generation games (doom3 HL2,...), the build-in GPU a GeForce 4 MX (based
on NFORCE2) is a bit short : Doom 3 is blurry and choppy on 800x600...

So I need a new graphic card, but I have to be careful with my pick as
the barebone have a weak power supply (200W).

So I there on the market a good GPU with not too much power needs ?

Is there models specially design for that kind of use : small, power
friendly, and not generating as heat as a oven ?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier
2 answers Last reply
More about graphic cards fror barebone avoid power short

    Your kind of out of luck as far as finding a decent gaming video card when
    you only have a 200 watt power supply unit. Sorry, but that's the truth.

    --
    DaveW

    "Olivier Briat" <olivier@briat.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Here my first post.
    > I've got a barebone pc (Biostar IDEQ 200N) and as I want to play new
    > generation games (doom3 HL2,...), the build-in GPU a GeForce 4 MX (based
    > on NFORCE2) is a bit short : Doom 3 is blurry and choppy on 800x600...
    >
    > So I need a new graphic card, but I have to be careful with my pick as the
    > barebone have a weak power supply (200W).
    >
    > So I there on the market a good GPU with not too much power needs ?
    >
    > Is there models specially design for that kind of use : small, power
    > friendly, and not generating as heat as a oven ?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Olivier

    I had the same problem. I have an HP Pavilion 780n with a 200W PSU. I
    took a chance on buying a PNY Verto 5900SE at Circuit City ($180-$20
    rebate). It's been running fine for 4 days now, and runs Doom 3 and
    Far Cry fine. Circuit City has a good return policy, so if it doesn't
    work, bring it back.

    Olivier Briat <olivier@briat.org> wrote in message news:<41514e81$0$17700$626a14ce@news.free.fr>...
    > Hi,
    > Here my first post.
    > I've got a barebone pc (Biostar IDEQ 200N) and as I want to play new
    > generation games (doom3 HL2,...), the build-in GPU a GeForce 4 MX (based
    > on NFORCE2) is a bit short : Doom 3 is blurry and choppy on 800x600...
    >
    > So I need a new graphic card, but I have to be careful with my pick as
    > the barebone have a weak power supply (200W).
    >
    > So I there on the market a good GPU with not too much power needs ?
    >
    > Is there models specially design for that kind of use : small, power
    > friendly, and not generating as heat as a oven ?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Olivier

Graphics Cards Power Graphics