Checkpoint and Gigabit Ethernet

I have a Dell Server running Checkpoint Secureplatform.

It currently has six (6) x 10/100 Nics of which i want to change two
(2) to Gb Nics.

What i want to know is what kind of server specs should i have for the
extra traffic so that Secureplatform runs properly?

Much of the computing power "may" be transfered to the Card itself.According
to whether or not you purchase an approved checkpoint (OPsec approved)
accelerated card or bargain basement generic, will determine at least some
of the performance characteristics. Also, with the Branded server, you need
to be sure there is a Dell approved driver for the card you are intending to
buy.

Your question can't be answered from the information provided.

"pazmanpro" <pazmanpro@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell Server running Checkpoint Secureplatform.
>
> It currently has six (6) x 10/100 Nics of which i want to change two
> (2) to Gb Nics.
>
> What i want to know is what kind of server specs should i have for the
> extra traffic so that Secureplatform runs properly?

---