tried installing my video card, but screen just stays blan..

I found a lot of previous posts describing this problem, but no
solutions. Just bought myself a new video card, and plugged it into
the AGP slot on my computer (i'd never done this before on my own),
and when I start it up, the colorful WIndows XP logo screen appears
fine with the little scrolling progress bar at the bottom, but then
the whole screen goes blank, and even though I can hear the CPU
processor continuing to "work" as though windows is booting up, I
can't see anything; the screen just stays dark.

I uninstalled my existing video card drivers before installing the new
card, like I was told...this problem sound familiar to anyone? Any
suggestions? Please POST, do not email replies.
1 answer Last reply
More about tried installing video card screen stays blan
  1. Hello,

    I pretty much had the same problem.
    If I plug the VGA cable into the monitor and directly to the computer, everything works fine,.
    Once I plug the VGA cable to the NVIDIA 9800GT Video Card, the screen goes black and says
    "No PC Signal". This has been pissing me off for months! I need to play Call Of Duty 4 already!
    I'm not sure what to do from here. Please help.
    Thank you.

Graphics Cards Graphics