Planes

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does is
move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the right
way in order to take off...

Cheers...

--
The Zero ST
10 answers Last reply
More about planes
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:37:02 +0100, Craig Coope
    <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
    >to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does is
    >move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the right
    >way in order to take off...
    >
    >Cheers...


    You also need to apply power (forward or back) for movement. Don't
    apply full power or you will be in danger of hitting something and
    exploding.

    So far, all the aircraft that I have flown has had far better control
    than anything previous. RS obviously has tuned them well.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    oopss...This is for San Andreas on the PC....

    --
    The Zero ST
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:f7a4b197co0qi5ujrfufts5vqqegr1g4oh@4ax.com...
    >I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
    > to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does is
    > move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the right
    > way in order to take off...
    >
    > Cheers...
    >
    > --
    > The Zero ST

    I had the same problem until I discovered that the "roll right" and "roll
    left" controls don't make the plane turn on the ground. I think the default
    turning keys are Q and E. I reconfigured mine so that I can fly using the
    num pad. 4 and 6 are left and right, and 8 and 2 are turn left and right.
    These are similar to the Vice City helicopter controls, so I feel like I
    know where I am with it.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Jack Crack wrote:
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:37:02 +0100, Craig Coope
    > <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
    >> to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does
    >> is move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the
    >> right way in order to take off...
    >>
    >> Cheers...
    >
    >
    > You also need to apply power (forward or back) for movement. Don't
    > apply full power or you will be in danger of hitting something and
    > exploding.
    >
    > So far, all the aircraft that I have flown has had far better control
    > than anything previous. RS obviously has tuned them well.

    They did a very good job with the planes this time round. I found it
    difficult to do the flying school, but once I eventually passed that they
    were easy to use. The Dido in GTA3 I could not fly at all.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:44:53 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
    wrote:

    >I had the same problem until I discovered that the "roll right" and "roll
    >left" controls don't make the plane turn on the ground. I think the default
    >turning keys are Q and E. I reconfigured mine so that I can fly using the
    >num pad. 4 and 6 are left and right, and 8 and 2 are turn left and right.
    >These are similar to the Vice City helicopter controls, so I feel like I
    >know where I am with it.
    >

    Turning on the ground needs the rudder (yaw, as someone said.) As the
    non-helpful key list doesn't tell you which keys are rudder control I
    just zoomed in on the tail and hit stuff until it moved.

    Then I forgot until the next time.

    Steve
    --
    www.thepaxamsolution.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...

    Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
    gears?

    If so...what control is it?

    Cheers...

    --
    The Zero ST
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Craig Coope wrote:
    >
    > OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...
    >
    > Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
    > gears?
    >
    > If so...what control is it?
    >
    > Cheers...
    >
    > --
    > The Zero ST

    you can retract landing gear on many planes but you'll have to wait
    for a pc bod to tell you the keys :O)
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:02:31 +0100, Craig Coope
    <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...
    >
    >Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
    >gears?
    >
    >If so...what control is it?
    >
    >Cheers...

    By default it should be keybaord '2' key .

    Kaz
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:td69b1t7dteui3m04qu89ti883h1o8ps86@4ax.com...
    > OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...
    >
    > Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
    > gears?
    >
    > If so...what control is it?
    >
    > Cheers...
    >
    > --
    > The Zero ST

    On mine I discovered that the + button on the num pad retracted the landing
    gear. It might be just me, but I seem to be able to fly a lot higher with
    the gear up.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42b7fe0e$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

    > On mine I discovered that the + button on the num pad retracted the landing
    > gear. It might be just me, but I seem to be able to fly a lot higher with
    > the gear up.

    Same on the PS2 version, I can't be certain but I think putting landing
    gear up allows you go faster too.


    Cheers,
    Rob
    --
    ..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games