Planes

I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does is
move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the right
way in order to take off...

Cheers...

--
The Zero ST

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:37:02 +0100, Craig Coope
<coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
>to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does is
>move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the right
>way in order to take off...
>
>Cheers...

You also need to apply power (forward or back) for movement. Don't
apply full power or you will be in danger of hitting something and
exploding.

So far, all the aircraft that I have flown has had far better control
than anything previous. RS obviously has tuned them well.

oopss...This is for San Andreas on the PC....

--
The Zero ST

"Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
> to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does is
> move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the right
> way in order to take off...
>
> Cheers...
>
> --
> The Zero ST

I had the same problem until I discovered that the "roll right" and "roll
left" controls don't make the plane turn on the ground. I think the default
turning keys are Q and E. I reconfigured mine so that I can fly using the
num pad. 4 and 6 are left and right, and 8 and 2 are turn left and right.
These are similar to the Vice City helicopter controls, so I feel like I
know where I am with it.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Jack Crack wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:37:02 +0100, Craig Coope
> <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can control the things in the air without bother but is it possible
>> to make them steer better when on the ground? All the stearing does
>> is move the flaps but it is hard to get the aircraft to point the
>> right way in order to take off...
>>
>> Cheers...
>

> You also need to apply power (forward or back) for movement. Don't
> apply full power or you will be in danger of hitting something and
> exploding.
>
> So far, all the aircraft that I have flown has had far better control
> than anything previous. RS obviously has tuned them well.

They did a very good job with the planes this time round. I found it
difficult to do the flying school, but once I eventually passed that they
were easy to use. The Dido in GTA3 I could not fly at all.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:44:53 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
wrote:

>I had the same problem until I discovered that the "roll right" and "roll
>left" controls don't make the plane turn on the ground. I think the default
>turning keys are Q and E. I reconfigured mine so that I can fly using the
>num pad. 4 and 6 are left and right, and 8 and 2 are turn left and right.
>These are similar to the Vice City helicopter controls, so I feel like I
>know where I am with it.

Turning on the ground needs the rudder (yaw, as someone said.) As the
non-helpful key list doesn't tell you which keys are rudder control I
just zoomed in on the tail and hit stuff until it moved.

Then I forgot until the next time.

Steve
--
www.thepaxamsolution.com

OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...

Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
gears?

If so...what control is it?

Cheers...

--
The Zero ST

Craig Coope wrote:

> OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...
>
> Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
> gears?
>
> If so...what control is it?
>
> Cheers...
>
> --
> The Zero ST

you can retract landing gear on many planes but you'll have to wait
for a pc bod to tell you the keys :O)
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:02:31 +0100, Craig Coope
<coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote:

>OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...
>
>Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
>gears?
>
>If so...what control is it?
>
>Cheers...

By default it should be keybaord '2' key .

Kaz

> OK...Thanks for your replies...I have another question tho...
>
> Is it possible to retract the landing gear on the planes without fixed
> gears?
>
> If so...what control is it?
>
> Cheers...
>
> --
> The Zero ST

On mine I discovered that the + button on the num pad retracted the landing
gear. It might be just me, but I seem to be able to fly a lot higher with
the gear up.

In message <42b7fe0e$1@nntp.onyx.net>
"Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

> On mine I discovered that the + button on the num pad retracted the landing
> gear. It might be just me, but I seem to be able to fly a lot higher with
> the gear up.

Same on the PS2 version, I can't be certain but I think putting landing
gear up allows you go faster too.

Cheers,
Rob