ZA Pro and EZ AV monitoring

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just upgraded to Zone Alarm Pro v 5.0.590.043 and it mainly seems to be
working ok.

Problem is that the Anti Virus monitoring feature says that its monitoring
my EZ antivirus but action is required because the antivirus is not running.
It tells me to turn on antivirus. But EZ AV is running (boot, file and
e-mail monitoring is functioning).
It also says that the antivirus files are out of date, but they are not. The
program autoupdates every 24 hours and to make sure i have been using the
auto download feature but Zone Alarm still says they are out of date.
According to the FAQ at Zonelabs, EZ AV is compatible with Zonealarm so what
could be the cause of this?
Any help appreaciated.

Mike

Splendid

"Rob" <sunstar31@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to Zone Alarm Pro v 5.0.590.043 and it mainly seems to be
> working ok.
>
> Problem is that the Anti Virus monitoring feature says that its monitoring
> my EZ antivirus but action is required because the antivirus is not
running.
> It tells me to turn on antivirus. But EZ AV is running (boot, file and
> e-mail monitoring is functioning).
> It also says that the antivirus files are out of date, but they are not.
The
> program autoupdates every 24 hours and to make sure i have been using the
> auto download feature but Zone Alarm still says they are out of date.
> According to the FAQ at Zonelabs, EZ AV is compatible with Zonealarm so
what
> could be the cause of this?
> Any help appreaciated.
>
> If you don't get an answer from Zone try CA Computer Associarws. EZ Armor
is a Computer Associate Product. consisting of both the firewall and the
antivirus. Look at their site.Under this they sell their renamed copy of
Zone Alarm which incidentally still shows up as Zone in the registry.
Computer Associates has a deal with Zone which uses and sells CA's antivirus
program. Also CA through Cablevision sells the Zone and EZ antivirus package
for $29.99 to Cable Vision subscribers under the EZ names.

I'm running ZAP v5.0.590.043 also, and it doesn't properly detect Avast! antivirus either. I feel confident that Avast! is working normally. Hopefully the next ZAP upgrade will solve the antivirus monitoring problems. You could check in the Zonelabs web forum for additional information (just do a google search for a link).

"Rob" <sunstar31@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:l8SNc.754$ds.248@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> I just upgraded to Zone Alarm Pro v 5.0.590.043 and it mainly seems to be
> working ok.
>
> Problem is that the Anti Virus monitoring feature says that its monitoring
> my EZ antivirus but action is required because the antivirus is not running.
> It tells me to turn on antivirus. But EZ AV is running (boot, file and
> e-mail monitoring is functioning).
> It also says that the antivirus files are out of date, but they are not. The
> program autoupdates every 24 hours and to make sure i have been using the
> auto download feature but Zone Alarm still says they are out of date.
> According to the FAQ at Zonelabs, EZ AV is compatible with Zonealarm so what
> could be the cause of this?
> Any help appreaciated.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the replies, according to people on the zone labs forum this is a
problem for others as well. Hopefully a future release of the sorware will
sort it out.