Where can I get a driver for this video card?

I was given a video card -- 1994 STB Systems, Inc.

The Big square chip has the following markings on it:

Cirrus Logic
CL-GD5430-1MB-Q-Y
31486-311AJ
9433J
Korea B

There is a white label on the card:

1x0-0271-307
18 35/1994

There is also another chip [looks like a big memory chip from a stick of RAM(?)]:

Horizon+ PCI
1.2

I am looking for a Win98SE driver. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Go to eBay, find yourself a nice 4mb used Matrox.

On 30 Sep 2004 23:14:39 -0700, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:

>I was given a video card -- 1994 STB Systems, Inc.

=====================================

Try www.stbsystems.com

They may have the drivers available.

Jack

J. Yazel <jyazel@ds.net> wrote in message news:<l27rl05j8bg404jhdrtebebiqacg5c7u0v@4ax.com>...
> On 30 Sep 2004 23:14:39 -0700, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
>
> >I was given a video card -- 1994 STB Systems, Inc.
> >
> =====================================
>
> Try www.stbsystems.com
>
> They may have the drivers available.

Their web site indicates they are now in a substantially different business.

How do I determine the model of the video card I have?

TIA

Try <http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/988.htm>

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

On 1 Oct 2004 21:31:04 -0700, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:

>J. Yazel <jyazel@ds.net> wrote in message news:<l27rl05j8bg404jhdrtebebiqacg5c7u0v@4ax.com>...

>How do I determine the model of the video card I have?

The chip states that it is a Cirrus Logic 5430 chip, so simply search
for a driver for this chip.

BTW, this is an *ancient* video chip. Even the cheapest PCI video card
on the market will run circles around it, even for straight 2D use.
Unless you want to use this in a pre-PCI system, I would buy something
a little less antiquated to use in any Pentium class or newer machine.

- -
Gary L.
Reply to the newsgroup only

I shudder to think of how little memory must be on the card, but...

=85485&ids[1]=88570&ids[2]=88571&ids[3]=122205]http://list.driverguide.com/matches.php?ids[0]=85485&ids[1]=88570&ids[2]=88571&ids[3]=122205

(User "drivers", password "all", without the quotes. "click here to
continue" on the page that comes up.)

STB itself is long dead. They were purchased by 3dfx as part of that
company's attempt to get into the retail market, which ultimately led to the
demise of both companies.

Good luck.

Bob Knowlden