HELP: Problem with HMD-A200 monitor

I have a Sony HMD-A200 17" monitor. It's about 3 years old and it
recently started acting weird.

The screen will be fine for a few minutes and then it will sort
"throb", that is, it gets bigger and smaller by about 1/4 inch. This
is occassionally accompanied by static-like lines along the left and
right side of the screen.

Also, changing the screen resolution from one setting to another
(e.g., 1024x768 to 800x600, or any other setting) will usually cause
the monitor to go completely black. But it will come back if I turn
the monitor on and off. This also usually happens when I start playing
a game with takes over the video from Windows and changes the
resolution (like Call Of Duty). The screen goes black, and I have to
on-off the monitor to get it back.

Any ideas about what might be causing this (it's definately the
monitor, not the PC). I'd like to take a shot at repairing this
myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jed

I'm afraid you are hosed; I seriously don't think you can repair your
monitor. Time for a new one.

--
DaveW