Solved

Delete windows 7 wallpaper

how do you delete windows 7 wallpaper?

C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\xxxx

I have admin rights, when I delete I get the "TrustedInstall" error thingy
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about delete windows wallpaper
  1. why do you want to delete it? If you don't like the wallpaper (I personally think it looks nice) then use a different background, or set it to plain black.
  2. Best answer
    If you just want to change your desktop so that there's no wallpaper , then do this:

--> Right-click an empty spot on the desktop and choose "Personalize"
    --> Click the "Desktop Background" link at the bottom of the window.
    --> In the "Picture Locations" drop-down list, select "Solid Colors"
    --> Click on the colour you want the desktop background to be (or use the "More..." link at the bottom)
    --> Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the window.
  3. you have to take back ownership from trustedinstaller to administrators on all folders.
    then add Full control permissions for administrators.
    after these 2 steps, you can delete everything.
  4. sminlal said:
    If you just want to change your desktop so that there's no wallpaper , then do this:

--> Right-click an empty spot on the desktop and choose "Personalize"
    --> Click the "Desktop Background" link at the bottom of the window.
    --> In the "Picture Locations" drop-down list, select "Solid Colors"
    --> Click on the colour you want the desktop background to be (or use the "More..." link at the bottom)
    --> Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the window.

This is absolutely fabulous! Thank goodness this was presented to me before I lost my mind. :-) A
  5. The_Prophecy said:
    why do you want to delete it? If you don't like the wallpaper (I personally think it looks nice) then use a different background, or set it to plain black.

He said he wants to delete it, not change it. Either answer a persons question or do not reply.
  6. bob1_75 said:
    He said he wants to delete it, not change it. Either answer a persons question or do not reply.

Perhaps you should take your own advice !! (Either answer a persons question or do not reply.)
  7. Quote:
    you have to take back ownership from trustedinstaller to administrators on all folders.

What are the steps to taking back control?
  8. gzone said:
    Quote:
    you have to take back ownership from trustedinstaller to administrators on all folders.

What are the steps to taking back control?

look here, very simple and the best solution http://www.askvg.com/add-take-ownership-option-in-file-folder-context-menu-in-windows-vista/
    :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Wallpaper