How to interpret HorizontalActivePixel in EDID Standard Ti..

Hello,
I had a question regarding VESA's EDID structure .

How to interpret HorizontalActivePixel and aspect ratio?

In other words if a standard timing is used and i have the Aspect
Ratio and HorizontalActivePixel , how can i calculate the maximum
resolution supported from these two infos?

thanks and regards
Taha

"M Taha Masood" <m.tahamasood@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I had a question regarding VESA's EDID structure .
>
> How to interpret HorizontalActivePixel and aspect ratio?
>
> In other words if a standard timing is used and i have the Aspect
> Ratio and HorizontalActivePixel , how can i calculate the maximum
> resolution supported from these two infos?
>
> thanks and regards
> Taha

You can't - you need more information. Specifically you should buy a
copy of the VESA standard if you don't have one, and need to get to
that level of detail.

i already have a copy of EDID spec from VESA , when i use Phoenix's
EDID designer and EDID reader , for a 128 byte EDID 1.3 data set , it
interprets the standard timing and shows reoslution and refresh rate .
while for the same data , i can get the refresh data easily as it is
there , but am at a loss to understand how to come up with the
resolution from standard timing readings
what extra info , if any , is needed for that

thanks
Taha

>i already have a copy of EDID spec from VESA , when i use Phoenix's
> EDID designer and EDID reader , for a 128 byte EDID 1.3 data set , it
> interprets the standard timing and shows reoslution and refresh rate .
> while for the same data , i can get the refresh data easily as it is
> there , but am at a loss to understand how to come up with the
> resolution from standard timing readings
> what extra info , if any , is needed for that
>
> thanks
> Taha

OK - For the standard timings, you need to refer to the VESA Discrete
Monitor Timings
standard - standard and extended timings are "abbreviated" in the EDID and
are supposed
to be timings taken from the DMT standard (this is off the top of my
head...).
I seem to recall that the EDID standard does describe how to encode the
standard and
extended timings into those locations.